Churro Gato Cat Cafe & Churreria

4/2 Soi 6 (Somphet Market), T. Siphum A. Muang, Thanon Moon Muang, Chiang Mai, Thailand, 50100

Serves meat, vegan options available. Coffee shop, churreria, and cat cafe with vegan options for panini, churros, cakes, soy/coconut milk for hot chocolate and coffee drinks, slow juice, fruit shakes and smoothies. A cat playroom where guests can play with the owner's cats. Open Mon-Sun 8:00am-5:00pm. Hours are flexible - call ahead or check Facebook.

Categories: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Western, Juice bar, Bakery, European, Non-veg

First Review by LilacHippy

Wish I could've gone back - Edit

Picked up a churro snack as I'd seen them on the site, and the personable owner struck up a conversation with us about his experimentation with the ingredients and cooking method. He gave us a second one to try free, which was fresh and perfect, then we went inside to look at the cats and chatted some more.
I was hoping to come back to enter the cat room and try something more to eat, but they were randomly closed the last few days before I left the city so I sadly could not! Owner also plans to expand the vegan options in the future.

Pros: CATS AND VEGAN STUFF, Churros in Asia, Nice owner

Cons: Randomly closed?

vegan friendly cafe - Edit

I called into Churro Gato Cat Cafe & Churreria this afternoon for coffee and to indulge with a slice of vegan cake ... I chose a coconut cappuccino (฿70) and vegan chocolate cake (฿110) ... the cappuccino was very nice and the chocolate cake was rich and moist and was just perfect ... next visit I will try a soy cappuccino and a different vegan cake ... the owner is very attentive and ensures great food and service... the cafe is clean and cool and located on the opposite Somphet fruit and vegetables market in Soi 6

Pros: great vegan options

Guter Kaffee, leckere Churros - Edit

Von dem Katzenzimmer kann man halten was man will. Ich bin kein Fan von der Idee. Die Katzen machten aber einen entspannten bis gelangweilten Eindruck.

Die Churros sind sehr lecker, und auch der Kaffee ist wirklich gut.

Pros: Guter Kaffee, Leckere Churros

Cons: Etwas teuer für Thailand, evtl. das Katzenzimmer

play with lovely cats - Edit

They do lovely sandwiches with almond cheese which was very nice. They also do vegan cakes.. the chocolate cake is really nice but very rich in flavour. You can play with the cats too and they are all so sweet, Maine coon breed and one a local Thai cat which is my favourite (named Piotr?).

Pros: cats and very friendly owner, lovely cakes, vegan cheese

Cons: would be good if it’s fully vegan

Great Vegan Options - Edit

I decided to check this place out as I had heard these churro things are naturally vegan. I wasn't expecting there would be anything else available for me so was pleased to learn they do in fact have many vegan options!
Firstly, the hot drinks. I tried the vegan hot chocolate and it was delicious. The best one I have ever tried! I also had the soy cappuccino which they made from a machine and was actually frothy like a real one should be. So many places just give me a coffee with (soy) milk when I ask for the vegan version, without actually making it as the coffee should be. But here they do. It also tasted great. I tried the churro which was a little too sugary sweet for me but it really is just a personal thing.
They have vegan cheese, made from almond milk, which was delicious in a panini. Only problem is that it was very small, especially for the price of 150 BAHT.
What's best though are the vegan cakes. The carrot cake is divine and a large portion. Best cake I've tried in a while. Chocolate cake looked great too. (Next time!)
The service was slow but they seemed to be training the staff so I'm sure once that is over they'll be faster, they've only just opened recently.
There are cats in the playroom at the back which you can go in and see. They are really well looked after and are not exploited like I've seen they can be at these cat cafes sometimes. They are the restaurant owner's personal pets and he clearly loves them dearly and takes them home with him. They just come to work with him every day!
The owner also told me he is looking to introduce more vegan options and reduce the animal products so I encourage you all to give them the vegan business.
Definitely try a slice of cake!

Pros: Great CAKE!, Lovely cats to play with, Vegan options

Cons: Serves meat and dairy

Return to Chiang Mai Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Churro Gato Cat Cafe & Churreria closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.