Churchill's Pub and Grille

Contact 760-471-8773

887 W San Marcos Blvd, San Marcos, California, USA, 92078

Serves meat, vegan options available. Craft beer bar. Offers rotating vegan specials each day. Free Wi-Fi. Patio with firepits. Open Mon-Sun 12:00am-2:00am, Mon-Sun 11:00am-12:00am.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, American, Beer/Wine, British, Non-veg

First Review by dviolet

Vegan options - Edit

Went here for lunch after finding on Happy Cow. On that particular Saturday, they were making changes to the menu and only had two vegan offerings. I went with the buffalo cauliflower (this is an appetizer portion and fortunately, I was not super hungry) and it was excellent. I've made this at home and this was better than mine. The hot sauce was tangy and the vegan ranch was tasty too. Some celery sticks would have been a welcome addition. The server was very friendly and told me the owner is vegan. He forgot to bring my beer so I got it for free. They were having a vegan brunch the next day which I was sad to miss. I recommend calling to see what vegan offerings they have that day. The menu on their website looks to not have been updated for a while.

Updated from previous review on 2016-11-22

Pros: Owner is vegan

Cons: very minimal parking, pricy

hearty vegan pub food - Edit

I was pleasantly surprised by the number and quality of their vegan options. They have two regular vegan menu items: Reuben and shepherds pie. They also have vegan daily specials and the day we went they were "chicken" pot pie and eggplant "Parmesan" sub. We ordered the specials and they were both yummy. The only downside was we accidentally went on Wednesday night which is wing night - as in chicken. So it was extra crowded and it was a bit unpleasant watching everyone around us eat. However I appreciated that even on that night they had great vegan specials.

Pros: hearty food, good specials, full bar and huge beer list

Cons: crowded, small parking lot

Return to San Marcos Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Churchill's Pub and Grille closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.