ChuMinh Tofu and Veggie Deli

Contact 206-228-5449

1043 S Jackson St (at International District), Seattle, Washington, USA, 98104

Opened since 2010, this place makes and sells tofu as well as vegan food. Many faux meat items. As of Jun 2016 menu states everything is vegan now, including mayonaise. Open Mon-Sun 8:00am-8:00pm.

Category: Vegan, Take-out, Asian, Vietnamese

First Review by Isabel805

not as great as hoped/expected - Edit

I really wanted to like this place, but it was our first time and I didn't like everything I tried from the buffet, but ate it all to avoid waste. It was very Chinese style kind of greasy buffet, but nice that it was all vegan. The staff were Super friendly, let us sample off the menu to try.

Pros: all-you-can-eat, affordable

Cons: not super clean or comfortable to eat in

Prepare to Be Amazed - Edit

First of all, oh my goodness - durian bubble tea! Yum. I had the lemongrass "chicken", you get a choice of rice and curry with it. It was spectacular. At the counter where you pay when you're finished, the woman asked if I wanted anything to go so I got some seaweed tofu and it was equally delightful. They do have a rule that if you leave anything on your plate it costs double, but you will have no trouble finishing everything, it is that good. Bring a jacket (they keep it cold inside the dining area) and an appetite and you'll be glad you came here!!

Pros: Delicious food & great portions , Good price , Nestled in Seattle's Chinatown

Cons: They were sold out of faux lobster

A MUST - Edit

The friendliest place on mother earth. Tugged away in Seattle's Little Saigon neighborhood a modest place with an all day vegan Vietnamese buffet all homemade tofu and faux meats, also serving Pho and Bahn MI sandwiches with vegan mayonnaise. The buffet is to die for with many different dishes, amazing flavors. An amazing place!

Pros: All vegan, All made from scratch, Wide assortment of dishes

Great place, and yes, it's vegan. - Edit

A super friendly restaurant with an amazingly big buffet selection. Previous reviews mention the use of mayonnaise in the banh mi sandwiches, but it's homemade vegan mayo, and the menu also states that everything is vegan. A bonus surprise: the buffet came with excellent homemade coconut ice cream!

Pros: Great food, all vegan, Very friendly staff, Very cheap ($4 banh mi; $11 buffet)

Cons: None!

Little shop with a big heart - Edit

Stopped in at ChuMinh for a quick dinner tonight. I knew of them from my son picking up spring rolls and sandwiches from there for me before. Delicious for lunch on a hike. The paper menu says their vegenaise is homemade and I heard the owner assuring a customer everything is vegan. I got the feeling they take what's vegan or not seriously. Tonight I tried several items from the buffet. They provide white or brown rice. I asked for brown and was given a tasty black rice we'd think of more as wild rice. I think I heard them in the kitchen saying they were out of brown, but this was an upgrade as far as I was concerned. Of what I chose from the buffet, the tofu and mushrooms and the stuffed tofu were my favorites. The server (co-owner?) was super friendly and noted that it was the first time she'd seen me (!) and later asked if I'd liked the food etc. Very nice people.

Pros: All vegan, big tasty sandwiches, buffet with faux

Cons: Simple place in strip mall on S. Jackson. Buffet i

Like Dining With Family-Seriously - Edit

Veggie Deli is like a family environment. The owners are sisters that talk to their customers and get to know them, they offer food and answer any questions. They have so much on their buffet and they also have a menu. Everything I have tried has been really good, we've never had a bad experience at Veggie Deli I can’t say anything bad there is nothing bad to write about.

look at all the food! - Edit

Love ChuMinh. I am not sure everything is vegan though... don't get mayo! That's for sure. Service is super friendly. The owner will offer samples of things on the buffet line. It's not fancy at all but they make the best curry and almost everything else is good.

Good food and faux meats - Edit

This small restaurant has yummy food at great prices. The staff was very friendly and welcoming, inviting us to sample their wide variety of faux meats and amazing tofu dishes.

I ordered the Pad Thai, but the rest of my group ordered the rice plus 2 entree deal, and I should have followed their lead - their tofu and faux meat entrees were incredible. My meat-eating friends now want to return here on a regular basis.

Pros: Quick take-out option, Amazing faux meats

Yum! - Edit

So, it's a little bit of an adventure for me to eat in a place where I cannot communicate fluently with the people making my food - which is the case at this delightful establishment - but since everything is veg, I don't worry too much and just order randomly to enjoy this delicious food! Seriously, everything is fantastic. And the staff is friendly, even though I can't really talk to them - big smiles all around. It's a little out of my way, but when I do make the trek it's always worth it!
Updated from previous review on Friday July 05, 2013

Pros: Food Is Delish, All Veg, Friendly Folks

Cons: Ordering Can Be Confusing

A Good Deal - Edit

I tried this place today, and was very pleased. I got a spicy pho-type noodle soup, 3 egg rolls, and a pot of tea for $9. It was very good. Good tofu and mock meat. The people are nice. I watched them do a pretty brisk takeout business for the International District locals while I ate.

Pros: good price, good food, parking

Cons: nothing big

Food made from the heart - Edit

This place is so good and affordable. She will fill your plate for 6 bucks. She will also let you taste anything. They also added a dinning area with more tables.

Pros: cheap, delicious, home made everthing

best Vietnamese outside of Vietnam! - Edit

I lived in Vietnam last year and recently moved to Seattle. This is the closest I have come to the favors I remember so fondly. This place is amazing and worth every cent. It is $8 for all you can eat buffet with brown or white rice or $5/$6 for soup. It is all vegetarian and all amazing! I am so happy to have found this place and hope to return many many times!!

Pros: everything

Cons: nothing

peppers 25 Jan 2015 - Why give it only 3 cows then?

Return to Seattle Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has ChuMinh Tofu and Veggie Deli closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.