Chow Thai

Contact 561-487-8414

23034 Sandalfoot Plaza Dr, Boca Raton, Florida, USA, 33428

Serves meat, vegan options available. A small, family-run Thai food restaurant. Large menu, includes a vegetarian section with tempeh, tofu, and veggies. Open Tue-Fri 11:00am-3:00pm, Tue-Sat 4:30pm-10:00pm, Sun 4:30pm-9:00pm.

Category: Thai, Non-veg

First Review by tawna

Great little place - Edit

Very vegetarian and vegan friendly - just ask and they will do it. It is a family run place and the owner is incredibly friendly! Would definitely recommend and go there again, very good food.

Contributions +14

very vegan friendly - Edit

Very good vegan friendly family, happy to remove fish sauce, shrimp paste etc. from food, separate vegan menu also.

Pros: separated deep frying oil if requested, happy to accommodate

Cons: oily

No Fish Sauce Please! - Edit

Just visited last night for our first and ONLY time. My employee and myself were in town on business and we were soo excited to try out this thai place (Chow Thai). We called ahead to make sure that they catered to vegans (could make curries without fish sauce), and they said that wouldn't be a problem. When we walked in, we were blown away by the beautiful decor and calm ambiance of this quaint little, seemingly family-run restaurant. (We're both suckers for those kinds of places.) So we sat down and ordered Red & Green Curry, asked for no fish sauce, no added sugar and extra veggies (didn't want tofu as we had that for lunch). The waitress was rude and short with us, almost as if she didn't care about our requests.. Then our curries came out promptly, skimpy portions, and DEFINITELY smelling like FISH (of course), and they both tasted like they had fish sauce. There was also definitely added sugar. I have coconut milk soups all the time, so I am familiar with the subtle sweetness of it, and these curries definitely had sugar added... We didn't want to be a bother, so we just decided to make an exception, suck it up and eat them... But all the while, we were both feeling a little sickened by the whole thing, and left feeling dissatisfied and more than a little grossed out. We truly should have said something, but they were just so busy and the waitress was so inattentive... She didn't check on us the entire time after we received our food, no refills on our teas or waters, and we waited nearly 40 minutes after we had finished eating to get our check.... Meh.

Pros: Cute , Beautiful decorations, Good food presentation, very artistic.

Cons: Poor service, Skimpy portions, Polite requests not met ;(

Yummy!!! - Edit

I really like this place a lot!! They are so accommodating!!! I prefer tempeh to tofu and their tempeh is delicious!! I have nutty tofu (with tempeh) spring rolls, pad Thai,noodle delight, panang curry and a few other curries but the Panang is my favorite!! Everything I have had has been perfect!! Except once I had the spicy virgin and the taste was sensational buuuuuuuuttt they we not kidding when they said spice WOW!!! And I LOVE spicy food!! I eat fresh cayenne peppers on my food every day but this really was in a class if its own hahaha I are it anyway but I went through 3 large voss bottles before I was done and I was covered in sweat hahahaaa the staff is really nice as well!! They are so gracious and kind!!! Enjoy!! I wish I could give it 5 stars!! The plaza isn't very nice but it doesn't bother me :-) it is tucked back kind of far in the back of the plaza and I think with a better location they would be busy all the time!!

Pros: Amazing Food, Prices, Family owned

Return to Boca Raton Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Chow Thai closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.