Chotiwala Restaurants

Contact 91-0135-2430070

Swargashram Dist: Pauri Garhwal, Ram Jhula village, Rishikesh, India, 249-192

Two large restaurants side-by-side on a main strip of the shopping area catering to pilgrams and foreigners. Moderate prices for local standards but affordable for foreigners - dosas, samosas, rice, and more. There is are 2 fat men both painted purple that sits at the door to each of the restaurant to attract passer-bys. Facing the restaurants, the one on the left is the older and the one on the right is newer. Both have inside and top floor patio seating.

Category: Lacto, Indian, International, Fast food

First Review by Chia

Tried it once - Edit

Was here on a past trip to India Rishikesh. My husband and I went to the older restaurant and sat on the patio under the stars which was nice. The food however was average. We ordered paper dosas (crepe stuffed with spiced potato filling) and plain dosa (crepe only) which both came with sambar, a spicy watery stew for dipping -- that and the naan we liked. The special mix veg tasted strange and did not settle well in our stomach. Pakora (deep fried veg fritters) were on the oily side and came in a small portion. No samosas at night -- only during the day. We decided that we would try the other location next time.

Pros: convenient location

Cons: too much fried foods

Return to Rishikesh Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Chotiwala Restaurants closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 641 times since Aug 2007.