Chongmas Thai Cuisine

• Veg-friendly
Contact 027135169

17 Soi 38, Sukhumvit, Khwang Phra Khanong Khet Khlong Toei (at Thanon Sukhumvit), Bangkok, Thailand, 10110

Serves meat, vegan options available. Offers a vegetarian menu on the cards on the tables. Most options are vegan if you ask for no egg, such as the pad Thai.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Thai, Non-veg

First Review by spiffysavannah

Creepy - Edit

Came here because we were dead tired and it was literally right next to our hostel (HI-Sukhumvit). Same experience as the other review with the locked door but being let in. The food was decent and vegetarian, but the atmosphere was just plain creepy given that no one else was there, the front door was locked, and the hostess seemed to be more interested in tv than running a restaurant.

Food: 3.5 stars
Atmosphere: 2 stars

Pros: decent food, convenient location, separate vegetarian menu

Cons: creepy atmosphere, out of many dishes

Chongmas - Edit

This was conveniently right next to my hostel (HI-Sukhumvit) and I was so happy to have a place with a veg menu so close by! My mom and I ordered the phad Thai without egg, sweet and sour tofu, and green curry with roti (although I don't think the roti was vegan- Thai roti is different than Indian roti, I unfortunately found out later). The food is delicious and the place is nice and really quiet- almost strangely quiet, haha. Hopefully getting them on happycow will help them out! Actually, I went three times- all three times the door was locked- the first two times I asked if they were open and they said yes, the third time they said they were closed! Odd. Tasty though, and the lady who worked there was very nice! Veg dishes are around 60-80 baht.

Pros: tasty, vegetarian menu, inexpensive

Cons: might not stick to their opening hours

Return to Bangkok Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Chongmas Thai Cuisine closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 665 times since Dec 2012.