Chojo Hanten

• ( 10 reviews )

Yamashitacho 139, Yokohama, Japan, 2310023

Serves meat, vegan options available. Restaurant is located in China Town. No English spoken but has English menu with vegan and vegetarian dishes. Call ahead to confirm. Open Mon-Sun 11:00am-12:00am.

Categories: Chinese, Non-veg

First Review by YanabeMasahiro

YanabeMasahiro

Points +174

13 Nov 2018

Menu for vegetarians

1 Stir fried seasonal vegetable(s)
2 Sweet and sour vegan pork
7 Hot braised fried tofu
8 Vegetarian Mabo Tofu
9 Burnt rice with a thick, starchy sauce
10 Spicy fried eggplant
11 Mixed stir fried noodle (Yakisoba)
12 Mixed fried rice
13 Mixed stir fried rice noodle
14 Egg soup (includes eggs)
15 Egg soup with seaweed (includes eggs)
16 Vegetarian fried Gyoza (Pot stickers)
17 Spring rolls
18 Almond jelly (includes milk)

LeonBäßler

Points +74

22 Feb 2021

The food was delicious

Complementing the other comments here, I can't complain about the wait. After I was asked, I would like tea, I assumed this would be free as in almost every restaurant. In addition, I was asked if I would like rice with it. The vegan pork cost 1500, the rice 300 and the tea 300, although here was more ice cubes than tea. On my request, I then got a list of items and the difference to the price to be paid (2310) was then justified with tax.

Pros: Many vegan options

Cons: Expensive. Feeling scammed

meg_2917

Points +24

06 Mar 2020

Viel zu teuer

Das Essen ist sehr lecker, die Bedienung dauert aber viel zu lange. Wir saßen eine halbe Stunde im Restaurant und haben gerade mal drei Gerichte bekommen. Keiner unserer Gruppe (6 Personen) ist satt geworden.

Pros: Essen schmeckt, besonders das vegane „pork“

Cons: Viel viel zu langsam!, Super teuer für die Größe der Portion , Wir haben uns abgezockt gefühlt

digitalmimi

Points +1188

23 Feb 2020

Best Vegan Chinese food in Yokohama

The sweet and sour “pork” is to die for. The sauce is delicious and the meat replacement is so tender.
They also have good spring rolls and gyoza. The portions are decently large.
The staff also is knowledgeable and will check to make sure if eggs, milk, honey, (as well as garlic and onions for those who are Buddhist veg).
The only complaint is there is no vegan dessert options

Pros: Lots of options, Delicious, Knowledgeable staff

Cons: No vegan dessert

allanfenelon

Points +47

02 Jan 2020

Muito bom

Vale a pena, um pouco escondido mas salvou a estadia em Yokohama

Pros: Várias opções , Porções grandes, Barato

Cons: Staff não fala inglês , Possível fumar dentro

ZbtSullivan

Points +134

28 Sep 2019

Delicious and great service

The sweet and sour pork, fried rice and gyoza are all amazing. Staff are friendly. Good atmosphere. Authentic as Heck.

Pros: Tasty!

HansBobànovits

Points +171

27 May 2019

Very good, a bit pricey

It tasted great, the location is quite easy to access. The place is nice, however, smokers are allowed to smoke inside the venue. The menu is quite varied, but a bit pricey. It tastes amazing though.

Pros: Lots of options, Great taste

Cons: Smoking allowed, Expensive

LiaSantee

Points +161

31 Mar 2019

Many options and good taste

The location is very good, staff are very friendly and there are many vegetarian option. I ordered harumaki and gyouza and both were very good!

Pros: Location, Chinese food

Avatar briannav

briannav

Points +68

01 Mar 2019

The vegan pork was amazinf

I ordered the vegan pork with low expectations. Was even worried it would be real pork. But it was awesome, and my meat eating boyfriend loved it too.

Pros: English vegan/vegetarian menu

JanetLiu

Points +26

18 Nov 2018

Spectacular vegan options

The Yokohama vegan meetup group ate here on Nov 16. I'm Chinese and was visiting Japan. I had not been impressed with the Chinese food I had had in Japan. I had called them fake Chinese food. But Chojo served up mostly very authentic Chinese food and vegan to boot. Even though Chojo is not vegan, they had many vegan options. Our vegan group had 18 choices. We chose 7 dishes. The gyoza was impressive: very tasty filling, with wrappers of just the right texture. The seasonal vegetable was water spinach: fresh and a beautiful green. The spring roll was crispy & delicious, but a little too brown. We also had sweet & sour vegan pork, hot braised fried tofu, spicy fried eggplant, mixed stir-fried rice noodle. The owner lady was very attentive and refilled our drinks and took additional orders. Our group ate upstairs and had the room to ourselves. I was pleasantly surprised to have had a good Chinese meal in Yokohama. Also very grateful for the meetup to allow us to try the different dishes of Chojo. We ended up paying 2800 yen each, including drinks (very reasonable).

Pros: delicious Chinese vegan food (mostly authentic), friendly owner, good value

Cons: some dishes were small: eggplant, rice noodle

Return to Yokohama Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Chojo Hanten closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.