First Review by vegan frog

Great A La Carte Selection - Edit

Their a la carte selection is great but I'm disappointed that they don't label things as vegan (which is why I prefer Nature's Fare). The staff are always happy to check the ingredients for me and the food is always tasty, so I would recommend it.

I haven't really done much grocery shopping here because of the high prices (to be fair, prices are similar to other health food stores) but I do love the selection of items that they have. I am always tempted to buy so many things...

Pros: Great A La Carte Selection, Many choices for groceries and cosmetics, Nice store layout

Cons: No ingredient/dieteray concern labels, Pricey

Great selection, disappointing deli - Edit

We like Choices because we've been able to find a lot of vegan convenience items there that other stores won't carry or haven't gotten in yet. For example, we found Earth Balance snacks there for the first time after being unable to find them anywhere else. It's unfortunate that their deli isn't great for vegan foods (or customer service), and we almost never buy anything from it. We buy most of our groceries at Superstore or Save-On, but we still regularly visit choices for specialty items. I'd definitely recommend new vegans in Kelowna or people passing through check it out.

Pros: So many vegan convenience foods!, Great selection, Many hard-to-find items

Cons: Deli sucks, Can be expensive

Too expensive - Edit

While choices has a great organic produce selection; it comes at a high price tag here. My favorite ezekiel cinnamon raisen muffins cost $6.50 at Choices, and I can get them for $4.99 (regular every day price)at Superstore. Considering the superstore price is not a sale price and they are making a profit at $4.99, how is it that Choices can justify an extra $1.50 profit above that on one item? I find that most of their groceries are marked up an extra 25% more than they should be. People are not going to think that buying organic or becoming a vegetarian is affordable at these prices.

Pros: great organic produce selection

Cons: everything really overpriced

Great market - Edit

That was a very clean and veggie friendly Choices market. We stopped there to stock up on fruit and I wanted to buy so much more but could not!
Lots of vegan options and a good selection of beauty products.

Return to Kelowna Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Choices Market closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 901 times since May 2009.