Choice Health Bar

Contact 808-661-7711

1087 Limahana Pl 1A (at Hwy 30 and Hinau St, Maui), Lahaina, Hawaii, USA, 96761

Wellness lounge with an open kitchen and laid back atmosphere. Offers a mostly vegan lunchtime raw food menu with a cooked grain bowl plus daily warm soups. Food is vegan except for honey in a few smoothies and desserts. Find superfood smoothies, acai bowls, kale salad, raw entrees, veggie sushi, and raw desserts. Also sells a small range of health products. Has Wi-Fi. Evening dinners no longer available as of May 2016. Open Mon-Sat 8:00am-6:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, American, Organic, Raw, Juice bar, Take-out

First Review by SteveFrankel

Cool "health nut"' joint! - Edit

This is a neat little spot, and apparently doing quite well, as it was pretty darn packed when we visited. We had lunch here one day and had some great food and smoothies. We got a raw "ravioli" with pesto, nut based, cheese filling which was fantastic, as well as a raw "pizza". The food was great and the atmosphere was awesome but my 2 quips would be 1) portions are way too small for the price and 2) WHY is there honey in soooo many things here? I mean, the place is basically 100% vegan but these guys put honey on the acai bowls, the salad dressing, the deserts, and some of the smoothies. They are willing to hold the honey, but still.... I guess it's one of those things about "Health oriented" plant based restaurants vs. vegan restaurants.. Or maybe it's just A Hawaii thing. I don't know, but I do know that honey could be ditched from every single thing here and it would still be awesome! Here's hoping to that in the future! Mahalo!

Pros: awesome smoothies and great raw food, Vegan soups and entrees

Cons: Honey all other the place

delicious vegan food and sweets - Edit

I came here after being deprived of vegan options at my resort for two days. I was in heaven! The vegan sushi is amazing and so were the cupcakes and brownie. Lots of raw vegan options and delicious vegan sushi! A must stop!

Pros: raw vegan options, vegan desserts , fresh green juice

Cons: the juice is pricey $9

Very tasty food! - Edit

We drove 25 miles to get to this location for Garden Sushi and we are not disappointed! Friendly service, ambient atmosphere, and most importantly, excellent vegan food! Strongly recommend the Dumpling, Truffle Mushroom Miso Soup and Sushi Sampler. Be prepared to pay $$ for the tasty food. Everything taste very fresh and a variety of veggies used in the dishes. Will definitely come back when we come to Maui again!

Pros: Great vegan food, friendly owners and service , beautiful food decoration

Cons: Portion on the smaller side - typical Japanese sty, expensive

Great JOB - Edit

Didn't find a ton of vegan food in Lahina, but this place was Great. No updates from previous reviews, still have baked goods that contain honey. All Vegan otherwise. local kamboucha (delicious), great food, great atomsphere. Highly recommended.

Pros: Great food, Lots of vegan choices

Cons: none

cute little hippie cafe - Edit

I had a delicious Buddha bowl and a smoothie and my hubbie had the epic entree and game changer coffee drink. Great food and I loved the atmosphere. Pretty much vegan except for honey in some items.

ONLY recommendation for West Maui! - Edit

This place is the only acceptable organic, vegan, superfood eatery on West Maui. If you are truly looking for fresh, quality food, it is the only place I personally recommend.

Pros: They will accommodate any request

Cons: Price, organic food on Maui is expensive, They close at 4 :(

Great Smoothies, Yummy Kale Salad - Edit

I had read about this place on happycow and ate here twice in December 2012. Here's my Choice Health Bar review.

Choice is located in a shopping plaza off the main road through Lahaina. In the same plaza with a Pizza Hut. It's also walkable (going inland) from Front Street where all the tourists go, by the ocean.

The interior is colorful with large wall murals and the vibe is casual and airy. You can see the kitchen where the food is prepared. Lots of fresh ingredients--it features primarily raw food and smoothies and acai bowls.

Their smoothies are delicious. My friend had one with mint and cacao nibs, and it was so good. I had the one with maca, and that was super yummy. We also shared an acai bowl with granola and banana slices, and that was good, too.

We came back for lunch and got their healthy plate which came with some quinoa, a cup of soup, a small piece raw chocolate dessert, and a heaping of kale salad with a ginger dressing. The kale salad was very colorful and tasty--one of best kale salads I've had.

The prices are moderate, especially considering that it's healthy, clean, delicious food--and that Lahaina is a tourist area.

Highly recommended when on this side of Maui. Go!

Great!!!! - Edit

Definitely check this place out. The acai bowls are amazing. We came back three times for more acai bowls while we were here - they were super healthy and super tasty. They have other vegan dishes (smoothies, soups, grain dishes) but we never tried them because we liked the acai bowls so much.

Choice Health Bar - Edit

I love Choice Health Bar!!! I moved from Wailea to Ka'anapali during my trip and was incredibly delighted to find Choice, and I've eaten there every day since. The menu changes daily but they always seem to have a kale salad, grains, and soup. The first day I got the lunch place and was able to try almost all of the lunch items which consisted of kale, quinoa, soup, and a raw dessert, YUM. Since then I've simply ordered kale and soup - my favorite soup is the split pea, although the pumpkin and celery soups are also tasty. Definitely go to Choice when you're in the area!

Great find - Edit

I was worried about eating vegan will in Maui, but thankfully I discovered this place. The plate lunch, with soup, salad and grain was so delicious, I had it two days in a row! I can't decide which soup I loved more -- the purple potato curry or the French green lentil. And the kale salads, with slightly different ingredients and dressings, were both divine. My favorite, however, may have been the amazing coconut garlic quinoa, which doesn't sound like it would work, but it does. My only complaint is that they were not open in the evenings!

Pros: Great food, Friendly staff

Cons: Limited hours

a great place to eat - Edit

best smothies we have ever had. a must go to restaurant when in maui.also the food and soups are excellent. my wife was a raw vegan chef and she loves this place. even non vegetarinas would find the food delicious.

Pros: superb smothies, super\\superb acai bowls

best food we had in Maui - Edit

Went here twice on a recent trip to Maui and Choice Health Bar was a godsend for us. Although there are some options for vegans/vegetarians on the island, we've always found them a bit lacking until we found Choice Health Bar. The food here is fresh, tasty, and healthy, easily the best food we had while in Maui. We loved their Healthy Plate Lunch which consisted of a kale salad, soup of the day, coconut quinoa, and lemon cake dessert. We also had their Buddha Rice Bowl, raw PB&J sandwich, and Acai Dessert Sunrise Bowl which were all delicious as well. The staff are also super friendly and the space has a cozy, inviting feel to it. Highly recommended!

Pros: delicious, fresh food, friendly staff

Cons: closes early

its like the Cafe Gratitude of Hawaii! - Edit

Supremely awesome, great environment, beyond top notch food. Their forbidden rice sushi is a real stand out. The budda bowl can be done as a plate. The soup was the best chili I've ever had and the grain was a cilantro quinoa. Its a super hippitydipppity place with "where's waldo and magic eye" stoner challenge books. People were sleeping on the couch, but it really is a nice place and don't be put off by the occasional dreadlocked zombie. The food is beyond compare and should be considered the best in Hawaii, much less maui!

Pros: grains and soups, shakes, best food hands down

Cons: zoner clientele

Best in West Maui - Edit

Visited Choice based on a tip from a local surf shop. Excellent food, mostly fresh not frozen fruit for smoothies, and wonder entrees. Really enjoyed the kale salad with coconut quinoa. Also tried 2 soups, lentil and onion/potato.

All the food was very tasty. They also have a small take out refrig. and store.

Pros: food, freshness, staff

Cons: none

Return to Lahaina Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Choice Health Bar closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 6486 times since May 2011.