Chive Kitchen

Contact 248-516-7144

33043 Grand River Ave (at downtown), Farmington, Michigan, USA, 48336

Vegan restaurant opened Dec 2015 creating dishes with flavors from Western European and California’s fusion cuisine. Open Tue-Thu 11:00am-10:00pm, Fri-Sat 11:00am-11:00pm. Closed Mon.

Category: Vegan, American, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Mexican, European

First Review by kanga2roos

A Delightful Surprise - Edit

My family was on our way to my mini-reunion in Nova/Ann Arbor area, and I looked up this vegan restaurant to feed the three of us between normal lunch and dinner time. One previous review said that it is rare to have a vegetarian let alone vegan restaurant in Farmington, so guess we are reeeeeeeeeeally lucky to find this place, thanks to HappyCow! We loved everything we have ordered - started with Tostones (fried smashed plantains), Tostada (refried Lentils), Feijoada (smoky Brazilian style black bean soup; first time that I had a soup with oranges, and it's yummy!) Then the Michigan dog and the burger also left my 10-year-old licking his fingers over and over - you can really taste food made with a heart! Plus, the ketchup and mustard are also organic. The girl was very patient with my endless questions, and the portion sizes were pretty good... It was a 10 out of 10!

Pros: Friendly staff with good recommendations, Excellent food and good portion size, Nice and clean

Amazing vegan food! - Edit

This place is delicious, and the menu varies. The burritos are my favorite and my husband loves the jalapeño popper burger. I don't know what's in their house salad dressing, but it's the best vegan dressing I've ever had! The staff is super friendly and gives great service.

Great food! - Edit

The menu offerings were very innovative and I wanted to try everything! My husband, who is not vegan, said the jalapeño popper sandwich was the best vegan sandwich he's ever had. They had a yummy cashew nacho cheese that I would like to recreate myself. I noticed they had some special events coming up (a dinner and visit with the author of the world peace diet) and wish I lived in the area so I could attend. There was obviously a lot of thought put into this menu.

excellent! - Edit

Enjoyed the Greek salad (had to take an order of the dressing to go it was amazing!) and a couple bites of a tostada afterward just to try something beside a salad. The tostada was fine but the salad was outstanding. The menu looked amazing and folks around me seemed to be enjoying their meals. I'm watching my weight so my choices were rather simple. The dessert menu looked amazing as well. I certainly recommend.

A vegan restaurant in Farmington??? - Edit

Pleasantly surprised to see this. Came in twice, once by myself, once with relatives.

I had the coney (would have preferred a different dog - lightlife soy dogs are so rubbery). Good chili. Also tried the roast seitan. Big scoop of mashed potatoes, little scoop of sliced seitan. Got charged extra for asking for more gravy. Definately not used to that. I would have preferred a chunk of seitan, rather than slices. The seitan was good though.

Came another day with two "turn up the nose at the thought of vegan food" relatives. They were making a bunch of comments. One ordered the pasta (safe bet for them since its not too "weird"), the other one ordered the roast seitan. That person did not like it at all. Typical "it doesn't taste like roast beef". They did like the lemon cake for dessert.

I ordered the chili cheese fries (yum), the Rueben (no sauerkraut??? And Chicago Diner's Reuben is waaaaaaaaaayy better) and the sundae. I finished everything, plus the leftovers from the other 2.

Updated from previous review on 2016-08-09

Pros: Vegan , coney dogs!

YUMMY! - Edit

Just finished an absolutely delicious meal! We don't have any vegan options where we live and this was a real treat! My husband and I shared the chili cheese fries and bruschetta as an appetizer. For dinner we had the Seiten Ruben and mushroom pasta, then apple upside down cake for dessert. Two thumbs up!

Pros: Great appetizers, main dishes and desserts, Cardboard carry out containers, Paper straws

Cons: They are not located in Petoskey.

Jump Chivin' - Edit

Excellent and Unique!!!
Everything was excellent from the appetizer to the desert! Very elegant atmosphere as well. Highly recommend this unique restaurant.

Pros: Unique food, Modern atmosphere , Unique vegan dining experience

Truly delicious & beautifully presented. Very talented chef! - Edit

This is not your hippy vegan food cafe. The cuisine (good selection too) is really flavorful even for a prior omni, creative & fresh ingredients, beautifully presented, and you would never know it's vegan (except that you still feel great even after your filling meal!). Everything was very flavorful. Definitely going back. Prices were reasonable (dinners were $9-$15 I think??).
The place is casual, yes, but still felt nice enough for a date. Everything looked nice and decor was modern and bright.
And I wish I could remember the server's name, because she was excellent!

Pros: really flavorful dishes, good variety/types of dishes (burgers, tacos, mush, appropriately priced

Chorizo Burrito Special!! - Edit

From the decorations to the service this place is great. I had the Chorizo Burrito Special and it was very tasty and not over spiced. The French fries were also good with a Bay Seasoning type spice on them for some kick!!

Yay! Another vegetarian restaurant! - Edit

I'm so excited there is another vegetarian restaurant nearby! This place is pretty good. I had the "cheese" platter. It was delicious. All the cashew cheese tasted so much like the real thing.

A Welcome Vegan Treat for Lucky Farmington - Edit

I've eaten there twice and going back again soon. I've had several items and all were delicious. Friendly, bright, simple, maybe even a slightly elegant. They are still testing certain menu items. Even if it stays the way it is, it's great. If they make changes, it will only get better. I have high hopes for this place, and I want it to stick around for a long time.

Chive Kitchen is great! - Edit

Was super excited when I heard they were opening. Yea for more choices! I have been here several times for lunch and have not been disappointed. Even my non-veggie daughter really liked their burger! Rotating desserts are great, ( please bring back the lemon cake soon! ) and am looking forward to trying the dinner and brunch menu!

Pros: lemon cake was wonderful , fast friendly service

Return to Farmington Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Chive Kitchen closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2001 times.