Contact +49-3036444588

Jaegerstrasse 35, Berlin, Germany, 10117

Serves meat, vegan options available. Modern restaurant in an upscale part of Berlin. Features an open kitchen. Menu is mostly vegetarian and vegan, clearly marked. Open Mon-Sat 9:00am-11:00pm, Sun 9:00am-5:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Western, Beer/Wine, European, Non-veg

First Review by DinaLun

disappointed... - Edit

I suppose my expectations were high... I had their curry dish with soup for lunch. The soup was vegan and good.the curry, though, well, the rice was cooked too soft. It was curry over porridge. The curry itself was just all right. Pretty presentation, though. And, I had a table very close to the kitchen area. I do like watching people cook, but I was disgusted when I saw one of the chefs touching food with the bare hands. I wondered, why not use the cooking utensils?!? Also, munching and touching the face while cooking... I didn't want to see any of those...

I really wanted to like this place, but I don't think I want to go back. I realize there are lots more places to go to in Berlin.

time change - Edit

We attempted to eat at CHIPPS on a weekday evening, but were told by a rather abrupt waitress that the restaurant would not be serving food for at least half an hour. Considering that it was 6pm we thought that this was rather odd for a restaurant. Unsure whether this was a one-off or if the opening times on Happy Cow are out of date. Either way, we were not inspired to stay despite being absolutely starving.

The new fancy - Edit

Restaurant in the expensive part of Berlin, which, although still being kind of fancy to fit in with the area, it also has this modern style making the restaurant a comfortable place to eat at.
We got the weekly menu for lunch: a very good mushroom soup and a risotto, which was also very tasty, although rather small.
The menu was around 9,5€, which is not bad taking into account the area.

Pros: Good quality ingredients, Ambience, The food itself is good

Cons: Expensive if you don't get the menu, Portions could be bigger

ok for lunch - Edit

I got a nice salad and vegan soup for lunch. Nice place but I could see the kitchen. It was not dirty but I mess which disturbed me to see.

I am not sure I would come since it is unclear if they have vegan option for diner. And I will NOT come to a restaurant which serves meat! There are too many other real vegetarian restaurants in Berlin to choose between.

Pros: quick, ok for vegan lunch

Good for Vegetarians – Bad for Vegans - Edit

I am a vegan and cannot recommend this place for vegans. Anyway the menu was very limited (2 to 4 starter/main/dessert options each) and there was just one little starter dish that could be "veganized". when my dish came it had boiled quail eggs on the side and i was told to put them away. it was not possible to get more of the veggies instead. so i had just 3 bites of greens and for the main course i had NOTHING. There was no chance to get anything … not even a simple salad. the staff offered me a free drink instead. … a vegetarian restaurant with absolutely no flexibility.

Pros: Stylish , Top chefs, Nice interior

Cons: No vegan options , No ambition to improvise for vegans

Best place for breakfast - Edit

Nice and cozy place with one big minus – due to the fact that the kitchen in the cafe is open, the chef literally cooked and served meat right in front of your nose. If you are a strict vegan, I think this option is not for you. Everything else is pretty nice - friendly staff, coffee and soy milk, all-day-breakfast with veg options on weekend.

Pros: friendly atmosphere, friendly staff, healthy & veg options

Cons: prices slightly increased, meat serves and cooked in the open kitch

Return to Berlin Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Chipps closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2290 times since Sep 2012.