Chipotle

Contact 253-442-6031

4502 S Steele St, Tacoma, Washington, USA, 98409

Serves meat, vegan options available. Fast food chain where you could customize your order (tacos, burritos, bowls) and request no cheese/dairy. Some of its locations offer a soyfrito filling that's made from soy protein. Be sure to ask for plant based protein. Open daily.

Category: Lacto, Fast food, Take-out, Mexican, Non-veg

First Review by kindlizard

Questionable Food Handling - Edit

I have always been a fan of Chipotle's food integrity and business practices, along with the delicious, fresh options. They now offer vegan sofritas (tofu) as a filling along with the usual chicken, beef, etc.

The manner in which they were serving the fillings is what I have an issue with. The sofritas are vegan and at this location kept along side and in the middle of the various meat options. I saw a server scoop up a spoonful of some juicy/saucy chicken and carry it over the sofritas to put it in the burrito she was creating. I also saw a fair amount of this sauce dripped into the vegan sofritas container.

An easy fix would be to keep the vegan dish separate from the rest or have it be the furthest from the employee so that nothing has to travel over it to get to the dish they are working on.

I was appalled to see this and do not plan on eating at Chipotle again, in Tacoma or elsewhere. I do not feel that their employees are trained to handle allergen related dishes but it could also just be the particular worker I observed. Either way, I do not feel like I can trust that something vegan is being handled properly and kept separate from contamination.

I wrote a lengthier description to Chipotle through their website but I thought it would be important to FYI the people who use this site to find dining options.

Return to Tacoma Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Chipotle closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 685 times since Nov 2013.