Chipotle

717-545-1372

5106 I Jonestown Rd, Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, USA, 17112

Serves meat, vegan options available. Fast food chain where you could customize your tacos, burritos, and bowls and request no cheese/dairy. Most locations offer a soyfrito filling that's made from soy protein.

Category: Lacto, Fast food, Take-out, Mexican, Non-veg

First Review by vgnhrt

Good Burritos - Edit

My husband and I really like Chipotle for quick take out. They are vegan friendly and offer guacamole in place of meat for a vegetarian/vegan option. The only option is a burrito or a burrito bowl though so if you want a place with a menu it isn't Chipotle.

Pros: Good, Fresh Ingredients, Quick, Big Burritos

Cons: A Bit Pricy For What You Get, Limited Menu, The Line Is Sometimes Crazy Long

When it's good - it's good! - Edit

Chipotle is the only place in Harrisburg that I can enjoy a delicious vegan meal - outside of my own kitchen! We go there for lunch or dinner at least once a week, sometimes more. Most of the time everything is DELICIOUS. The cilantro-lime rice, the guacamole, the chips and salsa are all *bursting* with incredible flavor. Occasionally we'll be disappointed by the food tasting bland as can be, it seems as though someone was in a hurry and didn't bother seasoning anything. But for the most part it's well worth the price (with just increased).

Just a couple of bad notes to point out - twice I've found a bug in my burrito, one was mixed in with my rice, the other was a ladybug chillin' on my lettuce. Bugs happen, especially with produce, but I'd like to see them wash their lettuce better and be more mindful of what they're serving. Ruined my appetite for a while and I've since switched from burritos to bowls so I can inspect what I'm eating more closely, Clearly it hasn't deterred me from going back again (and again and again).

Also, whoever designed the interior of this place didn't have a calming atmosphere in mind; it's cold and L-O-U-D. If you're looking for an enjoyable dining experience, go on a nice day and sit at one of the tables in front of the restaurant.

sophiskippy 21 Jun 2013 - I have to say, if I found a bug in my food even once I'd be done. Bugs shouldn't just happen in food service. But two bugs? You are a braver person than I. Guess your meal wasn't vegan after all? Lol. You CAN have a vegan night out at plenty of other places in Harrisburg, don't settle for Chipotle all the time!

Return to Harrisburg Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Chipotle closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.