Chingguo Cafe - Green Apple Cafe

03-9871015

4, QiFeng St, Da Zhong Village, Jiaosi, Taiwan

青果果自家烘焙咖啡店, at 礁溪鄉大忠村奇峰街4號, is a stylish coffee cafe and restaurant that offers food and decor different from the standard Taiwanese fare. Better to book ahead as space is limited and it gets busy. Open Mon 12:00pm-8:00pm, Wed-Sun 12:00pm-8:00pm.

Categories: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, International, Take-out

First Review by Stevie

Chingguo Cafe - Green Apple Cafe, Jiaosi - Edit

The girl running this is clearly trying to do something a little different from the usual sort of food encountered in Taiwan. I've no idea what was on the menu as it was all Chinese. My co diner asked some questions to find out what was vegan. We were directed to a couple of set menu options. I ended up with one where I was given soup, veg curry with rice and a cup of some sort of tea.

For 2 people this came to around 400 - 500 twd (I can't remember what exactly). This makes this the most expensive food I've encountered over the last few days. By both Hong Kong and UK standards, this is still great value.

The venue is an interesting place. She could easily fill the room with twice as many seats and chairs as are currently used. There's a few book cases used as ornament and some shelves of other items. The music playing was also different, I'm not sure which part of the world it came from but it didn't sound Chinese.

Booking ahead is recommended. There's only 18 seats so it fills up pretty easily. They also occasionally take an irregular day off that I am told is also usually added to their facebook page.

Pros: Vegan friendly, Something different for round here

Return to Jiaosi Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Chingguo Cafe - Green Apple Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.