Chinese Buddha

Contact 404-875-5278

100 10th St (at downtown Atlanta), Atlanta, Georgia, USA, 30318

Serves meat, vegan options available. Chinese restaurant decorated in dark furnishings, red accents, candlelight, and a giant golden Buddha. Ask for the vegetarian menu. Open til late.

Category: Chinese, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by Juliette83

Many vegan options... - Edit

I enjoyed the food a great deal. Very convenient option for vegan night owls. I was told by one of their employees that their fried rice is pre-made with eggs, so order white rice instead. I like to order orange beef.

Pros: Many options and late operating hours

Good Chinese - Edit

Ok... This place seemed like a gamble, but when my husband and I saw a Chinese restaurant open until 5 am and VERY vegan friendly? It was too odd to pass up. (I admit it was midnight and a few drinks into the night). I gotta say it was good and was, in fact, VERY vegan friendly. Now, their vegetarian chicken is cubed, chicken flavored, very dense soy protein, so don't expect breaded tofu (like I did). I think next time I'll order plain fried tofu. Still good food and friendly. Also separate vegetarian menu.

Pros: large vegan selection, good prices

Good Chinese for Vegans Eating with Omnis - Edit

If you're looking for good vegan Chinese and your omni friends are craving traditional Chinese, then this is the place for you. They offer a separate vegetarian menu and are very helpful to vegans. The Chinese food is excellent, although not quite as good as the offerings at Green Sprout. However, the late hours the restaurant is open and the fact that your omni friends will feel comfortable eating here while you will, too make it a good choice.

Pros: Close to Marta Station, Vegetarian Menu, Open Late

Cons: Serves Meat, Little Parking, Can Be Crowded

Great vegan options - Edit

If you tell them that you're vegetarian, they give you a different menu.

They have vegan versions of your typical Chinese dishes. I've tried a handful, and everything is good quality/great taste.

Definitely recommend this place on a trip to Atlanta. Staff is quite friendly, also.

Pros: Veg menu, Friendly

Cons: Serves meat

This is how ALL Chinese food should be! - Edit

One of my sisters took me here in 2011 and I simply fell in love! I have since gone back several times and I always order from the vegan menu. The services is great, the food is delicious, the people are very friendly, the atmosphere is clean and comfortable. I wish it was closer to my house, I would go once a week!

Pros: great price, great food, great service

Cons: tight parking

some time I eat - Edit

I rarely eat cooked foods but when I do I do enjoy the dish I eat here. Lin is amazingi always try to eat when she is there, she trys to make sure you enjoy what you eat. I love the place. If your transitioning from a meat based diet I would say eat here they hevw two kitchens one for veggies and the other for people that still eat meat.

Pros: they have two kitchens one for vegetarians, the food I had was good and they have brown , rice. the staff is very nice!

Cons: no raw dishes

it's open all night - Edit

I wouldn't say the food here was too great, but compared to what you would otherwise find to eat arriving in Atlanta after 11pm, it's unbeatable. The sauces were over-sweet and the textures of the fake meats were greasy, but it doesn't taste too bad, includes an assortment of real vegetables (I even saw red pepper on the plate!) and late at night was a huge relief. There's an extensive vegetarian menu and the different "meats" were actually different from each other, unlike some of the veg Chinese places where it doesn't matter which one you order - it's all the same thing anyway. It's more casual than I expected from the description of the decor on the main page. Although it has dim lighting, red shades on the light fixtures and a buddha statue, it's still cheap Chinese. I don't think I would go back here unless it was after hours.

Pros: open till 6am, some vegetables, large veg menu

Cons: too much sugar in the sauce, too greasy

YUM - Edit

Chinese Buddha is one of my favorite restaurants. I eat there once, sometimes twice a week. The food is exceptional and they offer a great variety of "meats" for vegans and vegetarians. The food here tastes just as good as, if not better than, any non-vegetarian chinese meal out there. I definitely recommend it.

Pros: Great Up-Scale Atmosphere / Free Parking, Affordable, Tasty! / Vegan friendly

Cons: n/a, n/a, n/a

Chinese Buddha - Edit

I would recommend this to vegetarians who enjoy chinese cuisine. The inside has dimmed lights, asian art, and I do remember it being a clean restaurant. It was years ago when I went, but it the serivce was good, above average and the food was good as well. Just ask for them personalize vegetarian menu. It's in Midtown close to 10th street and W. Peachtree Street near the highway I believe. I will be going again.

Pros: good food, nice environment, decent parking

You might think it's real meat! - Edit

Chinese Buddha is awesome. The atmosphere is nice although I don't like parking behind the building. The vegetarian menu is packed with the same entrees you would find in most asian restaurants except the 'chicken', 'pork', and 'beef' are vegetarian. The staff has always been very friendly.

Pros: Excellent food, Friendly staff, Large selection

Cons: Parking in back

Return to Atlanta Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Chinese Buddha closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2936 times since May 2008.