Chinees Vegetarisch Restaurant Yuan

+31-320-245903

Dukaatpassage 23 (at Shopping Centre De Gordiaan), Lelystad, Netherlands

Extensive Chinese food menu. Uses some faux meats. Located in pedestrian zone, 4-minute walk from Lelystadt Central Station, use exit to city center. Open Tue-Wed 12:00pm-2:00pm, Tue-Fri 4:30pm-9:00pm, Fri 12:00pm-2:00pm, Sat-Sun 12:00pm-9:00pm.

Categories: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Chinese, Take-out, Asian

First Review by catherius

Not the experience we hoped for - Edit

We ate here in August 2017. We might have not ordered the right things, but we didn't enjoy the food as much as we hoped for. We had eaten at three other vegetarian Chines restaurants in the Netherlands. Yuan ends up at forth place.

Ambiance of Yuan seemed a typical Chinese restaurant, which was fine.

We ordered sate and "dough balls" filled with veggies (spinach) for starters. We enjoyed the sate and sauce, but the other starter didn't taste that well, mostly because of the spinach filling combined with the spicy sauce (which we both do enjoy, but not in this combination).

As mains we had "veggy babi pangang" and "fried oyster mushrooms", served with rice and noodles. The first dish reminder me of the taste of the original meat dish (>7 years ago), but the "meat' didn't taste good itself, although the sauce fitted really well.

The fried oyster mushrooms were really doughy, but with this dish we had hoped for less sauce. We remembered some fried oyster mushrooms we had earlier this year in March, which had a really thin batter and were fried nicely dry, and covered in sesame seed, that we enjoyed a lot more. That was a different kitchen though..

All in all I would say the food was just okay, giving it a bit more positive swing than described above, just because Chinese veggie food is so enjoyable.

Can't help mentioning the rigid attitude of the person who waited our table when explaining things about the ordered food..

So all in all not the experience we hoped for, leaving it a fourth place of veggie Chinese restaurants, in our humble opinion.

Pros: Chinese Veggie Food

Cons: Food can taste better, Overall experience can be better

A classic in The Netherlands - Edit

Yuan - a classic in The Netherlands! Located off the beaten (tourist path) - 40 minutes by train from Amsterdam Central station - you won't meet too many tourists here. But I don't know any vegetarian or vegan from The Netherlands who does not know this place.

I don't come here often since I don't live close by, but once in a while I meet here with friends coming from all over the Netherlands. Mainly for special occasions (specially ordered buffets or Christmas dinners).

Apart from special events: Yuan has a huge - mainly Chinese - menu to select from and is still as good as it was 12 years ago when I went here for the first time.

The staff is friendly and helpful.

Pros: good food, nice price, friendly staff

Cons: not organic

Lovely food! - Edit

The food at Yuan is vegetarian/vegan heaven! There are a lot of choices, around 90% of the menu is vegan or can be made vegan. The staff is super friendly, and willing to help with making choices when ordering, or asking if something is vegan yes or no. Had a lovely experience, and I will definitely go back here when visiting Holland again!

Pros: Good food, Varied menu, Friendly staff

Good! - Edit

Great food, good service. Menu in Dutch only. You can choose with our without egg, making most dishes vegan. Nice place!

One of the best! - Edit

Yuan is one of the best vegetarian restaurants we have ever visited. Food is fresh and very tasty. Vegetarian/vegan is easy to discern. Staff are friendly and pleasant. Prices are very reasonable. If you like Chinese food and want vegetarian, you will not be disappointed with Yuan!

Return to Lelystad Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Chinees Vegetarisch Restaurant Yuan closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.