China Road

• Veg-friendly
Contact 315-455-5888

2204 Brewerton Rd, Syracuse, New York, USA, 13211

Serves meat, vegan options available. Has a large menu of vegetable dishes. Veggie meat can be substituted in place of meat in any dish. Call for hours - tell us.

Category: Chinese, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Asian, Non-veg

First Review by amandalkent

Look somewhere else - Edit

I've seen good reviews of this place on the site and others but they do seem from several years ago. At first this place looked promising, and our first meal was fairly decent. But the second time we got take out the dumplings were cold (clearly frozen, still had ice in them!). Everything seemed like it came from a freezer and was very old. Tasted like it too. Will not ever go back.

Pros: Decent selection

Cons: Cold, Bland, Soggy

Great Find in Syracuse - Edit

I saw the reviews on Happy Cow and visited China Road. The food was wonderful! I had the Orange Vegetarian Chicken and ate it all. I don't really remember what chicken tastes like, thank heavens, but this was great. I also had the Scallion Pancakes, which were very good and quite similar to what I used to get in Taiwan. Service was quick and friendly, and it was pretty easy to get to. I would recommend it highly to anyone visiting Syracuse.

Pros: Great food, Good service, Good value

5 cows! The best vegetarian Chinese restaurant. - Edit

We love china road and go at least once a month. Their mock meat is great and the service attentive and fast (even though some of the waitstaff do not speak the best English). They have mock Chicken, duck, pork and until recently the best mock beef I have ever had. They also have vegetarian fish which is interestingly delicious. The mock meats are all have different textures and tastes which is a nice change from most mock meat Chinese food. There's a good variety of appetizers and they are all great. Try the radish cakes! I wish they would bring back the mock beef, they stopped making it and its really sad to see it go. So if youre reading this, owner of china road, Ill pay more! Bring it back!

Pros: excellent food, good value, huge variety

Cons: out of beef ;;, tempting true meat options

my new favorite place - Edit

I went searching for China Road after reading about it on this site. I was not disappointed. I have never been to a chinese restaurant that served faux meats before and I was really excited to try out some vegan sesame chicken. My food was delicious and the vegetarian menu was very impressive and large. There were many mock chicken, beef, duck and seafood dishes to choose from along with tofu and veggie options. The only downfall is that most dishes on the vegetarian menu are double the price of the regular menu.

Pros: great food, lots of choices, friendly staff

Cons: more expensive than non vegetarian menu

One of the Best of Syracuse - Edit

Every time I visit Syracuse, China Road is at the top of my list of places to hit up!
I have been going here for years and the service and food is extremely consistent.
The owner is so nice and so is the staff.
The service is fast and friendly.
Most importantly, the food is AMAZING!

Return to Syracuse Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has China Road closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1537 times since Aug 2007.