China Garden

20 Purdy Ave, Rye, New York, USA, 10508

Serves meat, vegan options available. Traditional Chinese food with extensive vegetarian selection including marked vegan items and mock meats. Open Mon-Thu 11:00am-10:00pm, Fri-Sat 11:00am-10:30pm, Sun 12:00pm-10:00pm.

Categories: Chinese, Delivery, Take-out, Asian, Non-veg

First Review by BriggitteJ

Great Chinese Food - Edit

I recommend this to anyone, They have really good Vegan General Tso's Chicken. They are very friendly definitely a must try!

Your Chinese Food Favorites- Veganized - Edit

Sometimes you just have that craving for Chinese Food! China Garden has a decent sized menu full of all the classic dishes. We ordered the boneless spare ribs, General Tso’s chicken, steamed broccoli, garlic broccoli, and garlic chicken (all mock meats - obviously!) their online ordering system seemed like it was convenient - until you complete your order, then there is no communication, it said our order would be delivered within 40-55 minutes, an hour and a half later, our food was still no where to be seen. I called to ask, and the VERY friendly worker responded that they just left, so another 15 minutes later, the food arrived.
I’m only giving three stars because the food was cold by the time it got here, so probably not showing its best- and the garlic chicken and General Tso’s chicken tastes identical, as did the steamed broccoli and the garlic broccoli. Not to mention the delivery lady was hassling us for more of a tip (we gave 20%) - but that’s not the restaurants fault

Pros: lots of vegan options, delivery available, left overs for days- large portion sizes

Cons: delivery took an hour longer without any communica, delivery person hassled for more of a tip, some of the dishes tasted identical

Extensive Vegan Menu Including Mock Meats! - Edit

China Garden is more of a take out restaurant as they only have two tables and a very small dining room. They are situated on one of the side streets in Rye's shopping area. The menu says all of their vegetables are organic which is really nice! The entire back side of the menu is dedicated to vegetarian options including a plethora of marked vegan mock meat dishes and tofu dishes. The portions are really large, we ended up saving half for lunch the next day and the flavors were just like you would remember. My husband enjoyed his vegan pepper beef and I enjoyed my orange chicken. We will definitely come back again!

Pros: Mock Meats, Organic Vegetables, Large Portions

Cons: No formal dining area

Return to Rye Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has China Garden closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.