First Review by VegTim

Possibly fully vegan menu - Edit

I called them to confirm if their menu is fully vegan. The person told me they dont use animal products and they also don't use garlic and onion. I hope it's true :)

2 Responses

veganvirtues 26 May 2017 - Hi why not go there and do an actual food critique.

Avatar Raphael_Dane

Raphael_Dane 26 May 2017 - Hi, I live in Selangor but if I'm ever heading that direction, I will try to drop by.

High class environment, ordinary food - Edit

Chin Siew is a very nice cave temple with lots of Buddhist art and stunning landscapes on the hillside. So good they have this restaurant and some accommodation services in the building. The place looks very nice, gives and impression of an expensive high end place. The staff speaks limited English and they don't exactly know what vegan is and can not reliably identify vegan dishes. So the place should not be labeled as vegan.
Portions are quite small and relatively expensive to be ordinary Chinese/Asian dishes. I would be happy to know whether the profit made goes to the temple or not.

Pros: Beautiful environment, Tasty ordinary Chinese food, Menu also in English

Cons: Vegan dishes not labeled, Staff does not sepak enough English, Higher end prices

Return to Genting Highlands Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Chin Swee Vegetarian Restaurant closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.