Chin Hua Vegetarian Food

37, Jalan Kota Laksamana 1/2, Taman Kota Laksamana Seksyen 1/2, Malacca, Malaysia, 75200

Buffet restaurant. Closes 2nd and 16th day of lunar calendar. Open Mon-Sun 9:00am-3:00pm, Mon-Sun 6:00pm-11:00pm.

Category: Chinese, Buffet, Fast food, Delivery, Take-out, Catering

First Review by enRoute

Excellent buffet with healthy options - Edit

Pleasing buffet selection! Included tempeh, braised eggplant, steamed broccoli & cauliflower w/ Chinese mushroom, pumpkin, tofu, green beans & other various steamed greens, a few noodle dishes & a various mock meat dishes.

There were at least a dozen things to choose from & many healthy/simple vegetable choices (if mock meat isn't your preference).

Also a choice of white or brown steamed rice.

Prices are up on the board. We paid 7 ringgit per plate & we had our plates quite full with about 6 choices. I think it might be cheaper if you serve yourself less food. :)

All was delicious & fresh, I can recommend to others.

Pros: tempeh, healthy steamed vegetables , brown rice option

Alive, Well, and Serving Great Food (really cheap) - Edit

I saw in the blurb for this restaurant that it might be closed. I just ate there (Jan 4, 2014). The place is alive and well; and serving a great buffet at really cheap prices. Don't miss it. I also recommend the fresh lime juice for 1.5 ringit... excellent.

Pros: great food, very cheap, nice staff

Fantastic - Edit

Great food, can't understand how they can surive with those low prices though. Definately a place to visit when in town.

Pros: Dirt cheap, Location (when you know it), Local feeling

Cons: A bit difficult to find

Cheap and cheerful - Edit

THis is a ramshackle, friendly neighbourhood place, with locals, mainly Chinese and Indians casually strolling in, filling up their plates and eating in silence.

There is a buffet- you fill your plate and then the waitress makes a quick judgement of the price- my plates ranged between 4 and 6 ringit. It would seem easier to me just to say 5 ringit per plate...but maybe this is some ancient Chinese custom of judging the price of a plate according to the eye which I am not familiar with.

Anyway, the food itself is variable, some days great, others just passable. The best item I tasted was what I think is a Nyonya dish of eggplant cooked with a kind of sambal paste. In fact one day I thought to myself...'this is the best plate of food I have ever eaten for $1.50!'.

There are also about a dozen or so alacarte options, mainly mees and claypot type dishes.

Pros: cheap

All you can eat for dirt cheap! - Edit

This place has a great selection of vegetable and mock-meat dishes, for an incredible price. Two of us ate heaping platefuls for RM8! Some of the mock-meat dishes are a bit greasy, but for the price, you really can't complain. Decent atmosphere too, and reasonably clean. Would go there again.

Pros: Cheap, All-Veggie, Close to town

Cons: Greasy

nice, basic place - Edit

the thing about this place is that it's one of the few all-veggie places open late in the area. it's on a street of casual chinese food joints, down towards the 7-11, and has fresh juices, typical Chinese buffet fare, mock meats, curry, stewed veggies and some Nyona dishes until late (closing time is 11 but I ate there at 11:30). friendly and basic.

Pros: open late, cheap, friendly

Cons: pretty basic, a little scruffy, there's better veg in malacca

Return to Malacca Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Chin Hua Vegetarian Food closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.