Chimichurri

Contact +49-6913825299

Im Prufling 63 (at Weidenbornstr), Frankfurt, Germany, 60389

Opened summer 2013 as vegetarian restaurant and became all vegan one year after. Offers salads, smoothies, baked goods, and brunch on Sunday. Tue-Sat 6:00pm-11:00pm, Sun 10:00am-11:00pm

Category: Vegan, American, German

First Review by Jayneisastarr

Absolut empfehlenswert! - Edit

Gemütliches Ambiente, super netter Service und leckeres Essen, das aus einer Tageskarte ausgewählt wird.
Ich hatte Alioli mit warmem Brot, danach super leckeren Flammkuchen und zum krönenden Abschluss gab es eine panacotta-ähnliche Kokoscrème mit roter Grütze und kandierten Walnüssen.
Preislich auch vollkommen angemessen.

Pros: Alles vegan, Wechselndes Angebot, Preislich zwischen 4 € und 13 € (satt wird man auf

Brunch on a lazy Sunday - Edit

We (a family of 1 vegan and 3 vegetarians plus 2 non-vegetarian friends) went to the Sunday brunch. We booked a table, which was admittedly a bit on the small side for 6 persons. But this was the only negative point :-)
There were rolls and bread with different sweet spreads, salads, hot and cold savoury dishes - even a vegan version of the famous "Frankfurter Grüne Soße". We had vegan sparkling wine, fresh pressed juices and very nice coffee. After two hours we left well-fed and satisfied. As a vegan I liked, that all dishes are vegan – you don't have to check ingredients - just dig in the lovely food.
Our two non-vegetarian friends were full of praise as well.
The price for the brunch is really reasonable, if you consider, that it is practically an "all-you-can-eat"-buffet.
Very recommandable!
We will go back on a weekday and check the "a-la-carte" menu.

Pros: good variety, lovely food, all vegan

Cons: Our table was bit small for 6 persons

First all-vegan restaurant in Frankfurt - Edit

Very nice all-vegan restaurant in the most veg-friendly part of Frankfurt, Bornheim. They change the menu very often, and seasonal ingredients are used. So there are always new dishes to discover, and even though the menu isn’t that vast, there’s always something for everyone. I’ve been there several times and will surely come back.
Sometimes the food is outstanding, sometimes just OK, depends on the dish and your taste, I think. Try the “Flammkuchen” or try to get a reservation for their famous Sunday brunch! I also love their desserts!

Deliiiicious - Edit

I've been there for dinner and asked for a salad, a schnitzel and a dessert - everything was delicious. I could try other 3 dishes from my husband and friends and they were all good!
We had made a reservation, but it was not necessary that day, because it wasn't crowded. The staff was friendly but did not speak English.

Pros: Delicious food, Nice ambiance

Cons: No English menu

Good dining - Edit

Not sure about the debate if they are fully vegan or not. All their food is, not sure about the wines or juices.

We tried 3 different mains and they were all yummy. They were really like the non-vegan counterpart, so if you want some "classic" non-vegan dishes in a vegan way, this is the place to go. I personally don't always need cream substitutes, meat substitutes, or whipped cream. All in all a very nice dining experience, everyone was very pleased with their food and drinks. Also the non-vegans in our group were very impressed and enjoyed their food.

Wonderful find for American family - Edit

We only had one night in Frankfurt before a flight and happily found Chimichurri. The menu was inventive and the food was delicious! Our waitress was very friendly and translated everything on the menu. Our son had a schnitzel with potatoes and herb sauce and lovely side salad. I had a crisp pizza type dish with vegan cheese and veggies. My husband had tofu medallions with a Brazilian sauce and green beans, and our daughter had tagliatelle with mushrooms. We all loved our dishes and would return if we had more time. Nice beverage list too. Cash only.

Pros: Menu, Staff

Disappointing - Edit

I was very exited when the Chimichurri opened last year as they advertised to be “most likely the first vegan restaurant” in Frankfurt. Well, they are not. Maybe they were the first restaurant in Frankfurt offering exclusively vegan food (considering the Savory as a café). But as they have been offering non-vegan wines and fruit juices ever since they opened, they are NOT a vegan restaurant.

Nevertheless, we gave it a try (I don’t drink wine and juice anyway). First of all, the atmosphere was quite nice and the service was friendly although it was very crowded and we didn’t have a reservation. Usually, I have a look at the menu in the internet before I go to a restaurant but the daily changing menu is not (or at least not regularly) published on their homepage or Facebook or Twitter or whatever. So you will have to go there on a wing and prayer. If you don’t like either of the two mains – bad luck. The day we went there I had a vegetable stew which was good but nothing special. My wife had the “cheese spaetzle” which were to be honest a bit dull.

We were thinking of giving the Chimichurri another try but with another actually vegan restaurant just a 100 meters away, we won’t.

Pros: friendly staff

Cons: non-vegan wines and juices, limited menu, unexciting food

Excellent food - Edit

A menu that changes daily. Vegan food that is not of the hair shirt variety but enjoyable. My vegetarian wife even enjoyed the desserts, often a low point in vegan restaurants. She also enjoyed the machiatto late made with soya milk. Good atmosphere, good wines, just a few minutes walk from the metro.

Pros: Wines, Desserts, Locations

Friendly place open till late - Edit

We found the staff to be very friendly. We got there little late as it was difficult to find parking. We stopped over in Frankfurt just to eat on the way from Interlaken to Paderborn. We had another 3+ hours of drive ahead of us. They were very quick in delivering all the dishes. Waitress patiently explained us every dish. I believe there was no English version of the menu. But, the staff spoke very good english. Taste of some of the dishes were not bad but some were pretty good. We could not spend much time as we were in such a hurry. But, next time will be sure to spend some good time reviewing the menu ordering few more dishes.. Worth visiting.

Frankfurt's first vegan restaurant - Edit

Chimichurri is the first VEGAN restaurant in Frankfurt.
They have wide variety of wines and champagnes. However not all of them are vegan.
The food menu is likely to be changed weekly or every few weeks. They had two type of soups, three appetizers, three mains and two delicious desserts. They provide international and german cuisine.
the salad was very fresh. It contains a variety of ingredients with strawberry dressing. I loved the Seitan stew. The red wine sauce flavor was a nice touch. The cheese spaetzle was a bit different from the normal one but I thought it's a well made vegan version. It was creamy and light. The creme brulle was more like custard cream but tasty anyhow.
The Price and the amount served is fair. Very open environment with friendly staff.
I would recommend to make a reservation for this popular restaurant.
I can recommend to visit this restaurant in an emerging neighborhood near Bornheim.

Enjoyable Vegan Dining Experience - Edit

Took a bit of a gamble in going here as there were no previous reviews to go by and I was travelling quite a distance to go there. However, I was not disappointed. This is a lovely little restaurant-cum-bar with a friendly atmosphere. The staff were lovely and spoke fluent English (making up for my bumbling German). The menu is all vegan and appears to be ever changing with a Daily Specials print-out. There are many options for mains - I had the Flammkuchen which I would describe as a very light pizza. The ingredients were fresh and the meal was tasty. For dessert there was one option which was a Schokolade Creme Brulee with fruit. This was something a bit different but still very nice - kind of like a chocolate moose and candy combination.
The thing I like most about all vegan restaurants is when they don't exude any kind of 'hippy' vibe. You are just walking into a nice establishment where the menu happens to be vegan. Definitely recommend.

Pros: Nice atmosphere, Tasty food, Friendly staff

Cons: Dessert menu not extensive

Return to Frankfurt Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Chimichurri closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 6363 times since Jun 2013.