Contact +34-956685092

Calle Peso 6, Puerta de Jerez, Casco Antiguo, Càdiz (at just inside the Medina gate), Tarifa, Spain,

Comida vegetariana. Small place with mostly take away, has 4 small tables for dining in. Food is prepared ahead of time and placed in a counter for re-heated upon order. Features weekly specials and Asian menu during winter. Open Mon-Fri 12:30pm-3:30pm, Mon-Fri 7:00pm-11:00pm, Sat-Sun 12:30pm-11:00pm. Open daily all day in summer.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Indian, International, Fast food, Beer/Wine, Take-out

First Review by gasman

Tasty in Tarifa - Edit

Attentive staff, tasty food and at a reasonable price too! Lots of vegan options and even some desserts. The place is small so don't expect to be able to be seated straight away during busy and peak periods. A great little gem and would highly recommend.

Pros: 1. friendly, 2. good value, 3. flexible

Cons: 1. compact

Nice location with decent food - Edit

As already mentioned by others is the location and staff nice. Especially the music is very fine.

The food is good but not too exciting. E.g.: the vegan saitan burger consists of a whole-grain bread with a saitan patty, hummus, salad and carrots. I would expect some tomatoes, onions and ketchup/BBQ/mayo.

Also, some items could be veganized quite simple so it's a little bit disappointing to eat kebap without the tzatziki sauce. (Maybe I'll have a chat with them. They have an English menu BTW.)

It's mainly a take out restaurant. If you plan to sit at the table I recommend to order at the entrance otherwise they may forget you.

Anyway, I give it 3 stars for the taste and wide selection of the food and an extra star for ambience, music and friendly stuff.

Pros: Cheap, Wide selection of vegan food, Nice ambience

Cons: Unnecessary non-vegan plates, Little too tiny

pure heaven - Edit

I went here twice. Both times were exceptional. Food was well thought out, the staff were friendly, and the prices were very reasonable.

I recommend the peanut sauce wrap, pure heaven!

Great job guys!

Warm atmosphere and delicious hearty food - Edit

Being vegan and having just moved to Tarifa I was very excited about trying out this little place located in the old town and it did not disappoint.It is small inside but very cosy and the food is all freshly prepared and you can taste the love that goes in to it! I've been a few times since being here and each time have left feeling full, content and with a smile on my face!

Pros: well priced, good vegan selection, friendly staff

Cons: small, not many tables

Lovely refuge in Tarifa - Edit

I spent last week end in Tarifa with my girlfriend and I took the chance to visit Chilimosa on Saturday evening. It's a very small place, as others have pointed out, and that is why they also advertise the take-away possibility.

There were three lovely girls behind the counter, super-busy because, I'm happy to say, there were a lot of people. Nevertheless, the atmosphere was really nice, at a certain point a friend of theirs came in and they started singing "Happy birthday", and everybody joined in... super-friendly.

The food was extremely good, we got a couple of starters and a main dish, plus the lovely chocolate and almond cookies at the end. All home-made, with great care.

There are a fair number of vegan choices too!

We spent slightly less than 20 euro in total, which I think is very cheap considered the quality of the food.

I recommend it for sure!

Pros: Lovely food, Friendly staff, Nice atmosphere

Cons: Small, could be crowded

So Happy I Found It! - Edit

I was thrilled to find this restaurant within a few hours of arriving in Tarifa, Spain, a town I spent only 24 hours in recently. Even so, I ate at this restaurant three times and loved it. The Seitan wrap was flavorful and filling and the Falafel Plate with Hummus was delicious. Just ask for it without the dressing if vegan as it is yogurt based. So happy I found this restaurant as traveling throughout Andalucia offers limited options for Vegans/Vegetarians.

Pros: Delicious Food, Friendly Staff, Comfortable and Cute Atmosphere

Cons: A bit pricy, Limited Seating

Enjoyable place - Edit

Very nice but small place - you might have to be lucky to get a table. Chilimosa is highly frequented, the food is really great. The staff is also happy to prepare your food to take away.

I especially loved the indian onions whith sweet sauce.
Reasonable pricing.

Pros: Weekly specials, Good value, nice portions

Cons: Few seats, not always open

Disappointed - Edit

We were in Tarifa beginning of august. We saw a few "go vegan" stickers on the walls and were quite excited about it. But when we arrived in this little restaurant, I said I was vegan and they just pointed the menu without looking at me and sayed something in spanish which I never understood. I was so disappointed about this attitude, I'm always so happy to meet other vegans ! In french you say "ça m'a coupé l'appétit!" so I just went away to eat my usual salada mista in an other more friendly place. Next time will be better.

Cons: Not friendly staff

Only Veggie Restaurant in Cadiz Province - Edit

Chilimosa is a sweet little place serving fantastically tasty, homemade, vegetarian food, to eat in or take way. The staff are friendly, the music eclectic and the atmosphere cosy. If you are craving some good homemade fare or curious to try some eastern recipes, homemade desserts, organic beer, wine, or just a nice cup of tea, this is your place. The prices are very reasonable and the dishes generous with options for tapas style sharing (hummus, olives and pita bread 3,80, tofu sausage roll 2,80) or a good filling meal (lasagna with soya bolognese / brown rice with veggies and tofu 6,50). Also a range of organic munchies and loose teas for sale and selection of dishes for special and vegan diets. Opening times: 12:30-15:30 / 19:00-23:00 every day all year round (open all day long in summer).

Pros: Great value for money, Cosy atmosphere, All homemade food

Cons: Only 4 tables, rest take-away

Well worth a visit - Edit

This restaurant is very small (3 or 4 tables in a tiny space) but full of character and serves delicious food. The menu, when we visited September '07, had strong Indian and Morocan leanings - samosa, felafel, tagine. We (2 adults and child) thoroughly enjoyed the food, washed down with organic beer/fruit juice/wine. Really wonderful to eat in a fully vegetarian restaurant (possibly Vegan, as I cannot remember any cheese or egg dishes), made even better by most of the food being organic. Somehow the owner manages to sell some organic provisions as well, despite limited space, which was great for us as we were self-catering for a week. We highly recommend this wonderful little place - especially after having an exciting day whale watching with FIRMM the marvellous charity for whales.

Pros: Fully vegetarinan, Vegan dishes, organic

Cons: Go early as very cramped

Great little place - Edit

Hi! We ate here Jan 07-it is located just inside the medina gate.(opens 12.30-15.30 & 19.00-23.00) This place is totally veggie, unlike many places we visited in spain! We had an excellent meal, herbal teas/wine, puddings - the guy who runs this is really nice - he didn't realise this was on the web! We always check the happycow site b4 going abroad and found it here ourselves. This is a great stopoff when going to/from Morocco/Spain. Enjoy!

Pros: Totally veggie, very friendly, pleasant decor

Cons: small - get there early!

Return to Tarifa Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Chilimosa closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2611 times since Aug 2007.