REMOVED: Chiba

504-826-9119

8312 Oak St, New Orleans, Louisiana, USA, 70118

Serves meat, vegan options available. Upscale sushi restaurant and bar in the River Bend area uptown. Offers a few vegetable sushi rolls that venture out from your typical veggie roll. Small parking area next to restaurant. Removed Nov 2017 - serves foie gras.

Categories: Japanese, Take-out, Asian, Fusion, Non-veg

First Review by vegbaker

Vegans Beware - Edit

Vegan? Vegetarian? Consider giving this place a miss. Even though we specified we were vegan, our waiter brought us pork gyoza when we ordered mushroom ones. This was my first bite of meat in over 20 years and needless to say I was horrified. Will never return.

Love it! - Edit

Every time I come here I'm so impressed with the staff's knowledge of their vegan items. They have several different rolls so you can get something off of the menu other than a veggie roll or avocado roll! I think it's the last 7 or so rolls on the standard 'rolls' menu are all vegan. The shitake cucumber is delicious. They have a mint one that I'm not much of a fan of, but I really love that I can get fun and different rolls here. The specialty rolls are pretty pricey, but the regular ones aren't bad at all with the vegan ones being around $4, 4.50 at the most. They're open much later than a lot of places which is pretty great also.

Pros: open late, knowledgeable staff, several vegan options

Return to New Orleans Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has REMOVED: Chiba closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.