Chia Sen

• Veg-friendly
Contact 207-883-7665

456 Payne Rd (at Maine Mall area), Scarborough, Maine, USA, 04074

Serves meat, vegan options available. Offers some vegan options; try the sweet and sour tofu, General Tso's soychicken, Mongolian soybeef.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Chinese, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by indigosky

Very realistic soy! - Edit

We were in Saco for a vacation and my family let me choose where I wanted to go for my birthday dinner and I found Chia Sen on Happycow.net! Yay! I have been an ovo-lacto-vegetarian for a year and a half and haven't really explored vegetarian restaurants. But Chia Sen had a whole page of vegetarian options! I was so excited! Usually it's only a paragraph (if that).

I had the Sesame Soy Chicken. I was rather nervous about eating it because it looked so much like the (once alive) chicken that my family was eating and the texture and taste was mostly like I remember chicken!It was excellent! I highly recommend this restaurant! It looked like it was closed from far away, but that is just because they closed the shades for ambiance. My carnivorous family enjoyed their meat and I enjoyed my soy so it is a great place for everyone to get some delicious Chinese food!

Pros: realistic soy meat, good rice, nice sized portions for sharing

Cons: rather pricey

This place is amazing! - Edit

Very, very good soymeat dishes. The texture is good, the flavor is amazing. Try the "Orange Chicken" or the "General Tso's". We've eaten there 3 times now and each time it has been excellent.

Pros: delicious food, friendly staff, affordable

Cons: None!

Return to Scarborough Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Chia Sen closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1214 times since Aug 2007.