Chez Felix

Contact 0950796357

32 bis Rond point des Arenes (at Girard le Bleu), Arles, France, 13200

Serves meat, vegan options available. Organic soups, salads and curries. Overlooks the Roman Arena. Vegans need to inquire. Mon-Tue 11:00am-3:00pm, Thu-Sun 11:00am-3:00pm, Mon-Tue 7:00pm-10:00pm, Thu-Sun 7:00pm-10:00pm

Category: Lacto, Ovo, Organic, Western, Juice bar, Beer/Wine, Take-out, French, Non-veg

First Review by kguan10

vegan-friendly at great spot - Edit

great location for a restaurant, vegan options available but not mentioned, thus you have to ask. everyone there is really friendly so that was no problem at all

Pros: vegan options nice spot, next to arena, also to take away

Overrated - Edit

As a vegan , I've recently discovered that eating out of home is somehow complicated if you're not in a big french city. On vacation, I went to visit Arles and after reading a few good reviews on a vegan website, I pushed the doors of 'Chez Felix'. The menu was quite simple, vegetarian friendly, one meal was vegan, by chance more than by choice. It was a vegetarian curry made of some vegetables and beans in a green curry sauce. Tasteless, maybe by fear of spices, no ingredient really stood out. Unsalted, the only option was a box of 'fleur de sel' where anyone could have put their dirty fingers. The plate was tiny, two tablespoons of white dried rice with a cup of curry. I ended up starving. I'm not really a big eater but that wasn't enough at all. My stepfather went for a summer salad, served in a dirty looking steel bowl, making it difficult to access the small bits. We asked for a vegan dessert, they suggested a cowmilk yogurt with honey. Duh. I didn't like the staff that much, they were too familiar in my opinion and not really pro, like easy going and proud of themselves at the same time. There's things to improve there guys.

Pros: Scenic view

Cons: Clueless about veganism, Poor service, Tasteless

Happy vegans in Arles - Edit

We ate at Chez Felix a few weeks ago. When we entered, we asked the chef if they had some ‘végétalien’ dishes. He enthousiasticly answered that the soup was vegan and also the vegetarien curry wok. To be certain, we asked if it was without dairy and/or eggs – everything was okay! Glad we found some vegan food, sat down on the terras, next to an old Roman Arena. The soup was pumpkin soup, which was good, but we did add some extra pepper. The wok was spinach and lentils in a coco-curry sauce with some rice. The flavor was really good, we enjoyed our meal and were happy with a nice dinner, lovely temperature and the typical France view. The service was absolutely great, the waitress didn’t speak a lot of English but did the best she could (and we are lucky to know some French). If you are ever in Arles, don’t hesitate to check out Chez Felix, there’s probably gonna be at least one vegan dish on his menu.

Pros: good food, good price, friendly staff

Veggie-friendly resto in Provance - Edit

It is really hard to find a veggie resto in Provance so this was a treat for us even though it just offers a few vegetarian options. I had a lovely carrot soup and a gnocchi with pesto. Gnocchi were a bit hard and dry but still I enjoyed the meal. It is located just beside the Arena so it is easily found and is of simple but truly comfortable interior. I loved the fact that the food was prepared on the spot and that you could actually see and enjoy the process. The staff was extremely friendly.

Pros: veg-friendly resto in Provance, tasty food, friendly staff + location

Cons: hard and dry gnocchi, more veg options preferable

lovely food, lovely place, lovely people - Edit

We went on a little autumn holiday with the children (17 15 and 8) to celebrate our 18th anniversary, We visited Arles and next to the Roman Arena we found this lovely place to eat! How delighted we were that it had both meat dishes (the 17 and 15 year old loove meat) And Vegetarian food, more than the basic frites and boring salad, that is more common in France: It was absolutely wonderful! Lovely soup and salad, an an Indian style curry. And the desserts .... yummy! and not too expencive either!
definitely worth a visit!! Merci beaucoup!

Pros: excellent food, friendly staff, good value

Fresh, hospitable, entire vegetarian menu! - Edit

It's very difficult to find veg-friendly restaurants in France, but we were delighted to find this organic haven in tiny Arles! The location is beautiful, with a perfect view of the Roman amphitheatre. Unlike most every other French restaurant, they offer a separate vegetarian menu with several formulas consisting of the soup/salad of the day (our options were a lovely pumpkin soup or a fresh green salad with beets, apples, carrots, and cucumber), tarte of the day (eggplant/courgette quiche), and dessert if you so choose. While the menu is small - about 5 different options - it is quite creative, spanning French, Italian, Indian, and Chinese cuisines when we went. The ambiance is friendly and cute, but not too touristy, and the prices are reasonable. Portion sizes are average for France. Highly, highly recommend for disgruntled vegetarians (and probably vegans) in France!

Pros: creative and delicious food, organic, friendly staff

Return to Arles Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Chez Felix closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2128 times since Nov 2011.