Chez Chea

Contact 650-560-9234

408 Main St, Half Moon Bay, California, USA, 94019

Serves meat, vegan options available. Serving organic food with flavors from around the world. Eat in the front dining area, or in the back patio. A few meals can be made vegan - ask.

Category: Lacto, Ovo, International, Organic, Non-veg

First Review by meatisfordummies

Lovely Dinner at Chez Shea - Edit

The name has changed or was spelled incorrectly on this site. It is Chez Shea. This little restaurant is in the heart of downtown and has a variety of international dishes. The menu clearly lists which ones are vegetarian and vegan in parenthesis next to each dish title. There aren't very many Vegan selections but several can be made vegan by requesting them without cheese etc. I had the Heirloom Beet salad this way and it was a very good first course. My entree was Yakhnat al-Kudar, (Egypt) and was outstanding. It looks so appetizing that a couple sat down next to us and decided to order the same thing. Well, it tasted at least as good as it looked. A mild curry-like sauce over a mix of roasted vegetables, on top of a based of black-eyed peas and diced eggplant. I cannot begin to describe the pleasure in this combination of flavors. I can only highly recommend it.
Dessert was a pear and pecan tart that I shared with my omnivore husband. I don't believe it was listed as Vegan though.
The restaurant has a fairly casual ambiance and is small and comfortable. They have lunch and brunch menus as well, just not alot of vegan options (yet).

Pros: Delicious food, nice comfortable atmosphere, nice location

Cons: few vegan options

Excellent choice.. Must stop in while visiting - Edit

We searched happy cow for a place to eat during our stay in half moon bay and decided to go to chez chea. We are so glad we did !! So many options for vegan and vegetarian with a variety of cuisine!! They also have a fantastic dessert menu-- i got pear pecan tart!! The atmosphere is very casual and not a lot of seating. Would go back during any visit to half moon bay!!

Pros: Great menu, Friendly staff

Cons: Small seating room

Loved it! - Edit

We loved our visit to Chez Chea. The restaurant is bright and cheerful with plenty of room between the tables. (Enough to have a private conversation.) The staff is friendly and accomodating. The menu has a few veggie-focused dishes, as well as several options that can be customized to accomodate non-meat eaters. I had the portobello sandwich and a vegan butternut squash soup and loved them both. We will definately return!

Pros: Clean, Nice Atmosphere, Friendly staff

Good food in HMB - Edit

Food is good. A few vegan options specified on the menu. I recommend the Falafel. Delicious but small portions. We eat here every time we visit Half Moon Bay. Not may other options though.

Pros: great moon , menu specifies vegan

Cons: little pricey, serves meat

Return to Half Moon Bay Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Chez Chea closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2527 times since Mar 2008.