First Review by unwilted

Outstanding vegetarian dinner - Edit

In my opinion this is one of the best vegetarian restaurants around the world. I ate there twice because it was so good.

Pros: excellent food, excellent service

Cons: somewhat expensive, very very busy - reservations required

Great restaurant! - Edit

I visited this restaurant a few weeks ago during my holiday in Germany and I was really surprised. Although it is a bit far from the city center (at least walking took about 30 minutes) it was really worth it. Food was amazingly good, really tasty and healthy, you could tell it had been cooked with thoughtfulness. the staff was really helpful and kind. One of the best vegetarian restaurants I've ever been to. I wish it was located in my own city!

Pros: Very friendly and helpfull staff, delicious vegetarian food, very fair price

very tasty dishes - Edit

I visited this place with three friends. We all really enjoyed the meal and the staff was very friendly. It was one of the best vegan dishes I ever ate. But the preperation of our maincourse took more than an hour and that was really hard because we were really hungry. ;)
I really liked the atmosphere, the big wooden tables and the people around us. They have a little but nice kids playing area.

Pros: vegan dishes (delicious), vegan wines

Cons: long time of waiting

AMAZING!!!!! - Edit

This place had AMAZING food, EXTREMELY friendly staff that made us feel very comfortable. The chef brought the food to the table himself, food that tasted absolutely fantastic. The restaurant can become very busy, so making a reservation might be a good idea if you have your heart set on this place. Definitely try this one, it isn't an experience you'll soon forget.

Pros: The food., The service., The unique wine selection.

Cons: It's popularity, which says something.

Empfehlenswert! - Edit

Wir waren auf der Durchreise und haben zum Glück das Chesmu gefunden :-)
Freundliche Bedienung, sehr große Portionen und einfach lecker! Frische Zutaten und gut gewürzt, sehr gerne wieder!

Very good vegetarian and vegan food - Edit

Chesmu is the only vegetarian restaurant in Nuremberg which isn't focused on fast food but rather on "fine vegetarian and vegan cuisine" (that's what they say about themselves and I agree). I've been there three times so far and always really liked it. There were always several vegan options for the main course but only one vegan desert and one vegan wine.

If you like to have a really nice vegetarian or vegan dinner out, this is the place to go in Nuremberg. Take your time - it really isn't fast food!

Pros: very good vegetarian and vegan food, nice atmosphere, friendly staff

Cons: a bit slow (but good to slow down)

Good food, nice place - Edit

I came here on an afternoon and had the place to myself. Staff was knowledgable to advise what of the day's specials was vegan. Food was good, all true things, no fake meat.

Pros: Good food, Vegan options

Worth a visit - Edit

A charming and friendly place with a varied menu, but unfortunately very little of which is for vegans. On the evening we were there, they were very accomodating and were able to make the risotto dish vegan by substituting "Hafer Cuisine" (oat-based cream substitute) for the cream sauce. The result was very satisfying and filling, but I think it could have been a little more tasty. On other nights, with other menu variations, it may be easier or harder to veganize some of the dishes. Not to be missed is the small salad--fresh and with a DELICIOUS dressing (avocado-lemon, if I remember correctly). Prices are about average for a city restaurant in Germany, most main dishes were about EUR 10. The waitress seemed to be new and the restaurant was full on the night we went there, so she got a bit flustered with our many requests, but after a while she got into gear and by the end of the meal I was left with a very good impression of the service. My dining companions didn't think she had earned it, but I insisted on giving her a good tip. It's well worth a try, the menu is quite creative and some dishes are sure to be tasty, but vegans may end up a bit disappointed.

Pros: varied menu, great for lactos, good prices

Cons: may be disappointing for vegans

Chesmu Cafe - Edit

Went there for dinner on our trip to Nurnberg, they had no english menu, and the waitress didn't speak a lot of english, so with limited help, we ordered few dishes blindly. the wait time for food was a bit long, but taste turns out great! will go back again.

Pros: excellent food, friendly staff

Cons: food was slow, no english menu

recommended - Edit

Nice location, which made me feel comfortable (even though I went there alone). I had a dish called Apple Goulash, which didn't contain many apples, but was very delicious. I can't complain about the service, which was friendly and fast in my case. I think I'll come back, when I'm in Nürnberg again (at least after trying Cafe Klatsch, which was closed this time).

Pros: nice atmosphere, good food, friendly staff

Hit or Miss - Edit

Chesmu is slightly upscale for a vegetarian place, and we've had a good experience there before. We've also had horrible service there, waiting exactly two hours between ordering and getting food. I'm not a big service snob, and I'm totally down with a slow European dinner. The food is good, but we're a bit hesitant to return given our 2 hour debacle of waiting for the food last time (and it wasn't even particularly busy).

Return to Nuremberg Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Chesmu closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2626 times since Feb 2009.