First Review by nstrawbr

Yes, shut up and take all my money! - Edit

100% vegan bakery - even though some of the clientele don't even know it's vegan!! Croissants, cordons, best pies I've ever shoved in my face hole - these guys are a benchmark for vegan bakery goods - we are locals to this cafe, we go as often as we can - it's a MUST TRY for all vegans!

Delicious!!! - Edit

Amazing pies and donuts.
I just wish they had more gluten free options! Other than that, this bakehouse is incredible!

Pros: delicious pies, donuts, cakes, reasonable prices, friendly and fast service

Cons: location, not many gluten free options

Definitely recommend this place!! - Edit

comfort food, all vegan super yummy pastries
Staff is friendly and pies are to die for!

Plus, I had the chance to record Sharleen and Travis for my vegan video project. Thanks again.

Pros: heaps of choice, savoury & sweets, atmosphere

Showering more praise - Edit

All the positive reviews are right - this place is amazing. I've eaten their twice and the pie's are phenomenal but their slices and donuts are to die for. The caramel slice tastes like the real-deal and the Oreo stuffed donut is a stroke of genius. They also do excellent coffee. Definitely recommend Cherry Darlings.

Pros: Good prices, All vegan

a reason to move to adelaide. - Edit

amazing. my favourite place in Adelaide, so much to choose from, but get in early, things go quick... because it's sooo gooood. family friendly vibe, lovely staff oh and did I mention how amazing the food is?!?!

Pros: lovely staff, always making new flavours, nice env

Cons: too many amazing things to choose from ;)

One of my favourites - Edit

My favourite place to go when I'm feeling like some comfort food. The pies are amazing and the cakes/donuts/slices are to die for. Not for those looking for healthy vegan eats but a wonderful place to treat yourself.

Truly a cruelty free bakehouse - Edit

The most amazing place in all of Adelaide, Amazing food, amazing atmosphere and the best staff. You will always feel welcome, whether you are a vegan or not. Try the pies, cheeseburger is my favourite :)
If you are missing baked goods, this is the place to be, they are reasonably priced and delicious. If you are visiting from out of town, this is a must see destination.

Pros: Great food, Beautiful atmosphere, So cheap

Cons: none

Cherry Darlings - Edit

Probably the the best vegan bakery I’ve ever been to. Rolls, pies, cupcakes, croissants, tons of cakes. Milkshakes and ice cream sundaes for $6.50. Glad to see it was really, really busy. Opened 6 months ago. No wi-fi.

100% Cruelty Free Bakery - what else to say? - Edit

Every item is vegan at this bakery, including the drinks.
Staff are super friendly :)
I have had a range of items from here, but my favourite was on the last visit: I had a "ham" and "cheese" croissant. The vegan ham was tasty, and the cheese was their own homemade cheddar style - and it was amazing! I loved it!

Wide range of sweets and savouries, drinks available incl. coffee/milkshakes etc. (all vegan!).

Sadly, one negative:
The last time I went there I parked in the back and had to walk back down the driveway to enter the shop - bit weird/dangerous. (Please let me know if you can access the shop via another way - because I didn't see one)

Pros: Delicious, 100% Vegan, Friendly staff and vibe!

Cons: No rear entry from carpark, If I lived closer I would get fat, On that note it's too far away from me

Amazing vegan treats! Am I in heaven?? - Edit

This cute little cafe just by the Forestville tram stop offers a great choice of freshly baked vegan savory treats like pies and 'sausage' rolls and a massive array sweet things for afterwards. Offering a number of dairy free milks for your coffee or smoothie and freshly squeezed juices. The atmosphere here is very relaxed and the owners/staff are always very friendly.
So if you care about how your food choices affect the planet, it's people and all of the creatures with which we share it (or if you just like great pies), get on down to Cherry Darlings and show your support!
Keep up the good work guys and see you (very) soon!!

Pros: Totally vegan, totally tasty!, Great food, great value!, Friendly atmosphere!

Cons: Closed Sundays, be warned.

Darling of Adelaide - Edit

Cherry Darlings is located in Forestville right near a tram line. Not particularly easy to find but you'll know when you see it. There is limited car parking at the rear but the area isn't busy anyway.

It's a typically cramped bakery/cafe with some seating but there is seating at the rear as well. This place was opened recently and is deservedly popular but not usually too crowded because most take their purchases with them.

It is all vegan here. Food prices are quite on par with what you expect and are reasonably sized. I have enjoyed their food. Cherry Darlings in-house produce as many components of their cakes and savouries as they can and it pays off in taste. Really. Pies, cherry slices, vanilla slices, Berliners and banoffee pie and more. Overall I think it is better then most regular bakeries. I find the finish quite clean and their versions of meat or dairy-centric food can be very convincing.

They vary their menu here and there with some favourites that seem permanent. They do sell out of a few things fairly often but there's plenty more to choose from. The range is fairly similar to most bakeries.

The service is friendly, lively and quick as well.

The style here is heavily bakery complete with baking utensils and scifi thrown in just to make you think.

This review covers three or so visits.

Pros: Service, Yum, Decent range

Return to Adelaide Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Cherry Darlings Bakehouse closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1274 times since Jul 2014.