Chennai Tiffin

562-809-1600

18621 Pioneer Blvd (at South), Artesia, California, USA, 90701

A vegetarian restaurant, located in the middle of Little India, is mostly vegan (try the thali). The only thing non vegan is the paneer and also some butter that can be omitted on the dosa. Has a warm cafe restaurant interior. Has a chutney self serve area. Multiple locations. Open Mon 11:30am-10:00pm. They are closed from 3:30-5:00pm and have different hours on weekends

Categories: Lacto, Indian

First Review by chobesoy

This place is amazing! my favorite place in Artesia. THEY MAKE THEIR OWN CHUTNEYS!! coconut, tomato, ginger (my fave), and peanut. - Edit

I eat here all of the time. They NEVER disappoint. The portion sizes are perfect, unless you are cheap, and love to whine about how expensive organic food is. The prices are beyond fair for a place that is all organic, and extremely tasty. The Gobi Manchurian is one of my favorites, along with their samosas. I can't say that I've had anything there I do not like. The dishes are spicy, and that's why I love it. The combination of flavors is on point. I bring all of my friends here, who want clean, organic, vegan/vegetarian Indian food.

Pros: everything is delicious

Cons: Fair priced for organic vegan food. if you think

Needs improvement, conflicting flavors - Edit

The environmental message is admirable and a few things we had were very tasty, but portions are small and for the price, it should have been either larger or better. Being surrounded by great options on Pioneer it will be hard to compete. We had a dosa with cheese in it and it really didn't mesh well with the Indian flavors, it seemed like a decent dish with mozzarella thrown in to appease western tastes but it simply clashed. (My omni guest who loves cheese didn't like the combo any more than I did.) There seem to be dishes along the same lines of trying to fuse but it's better when they don't. The chutneys and soups are good although it's not clear why the soups weren't Indian varieties. Essentially, stick to the vegan and Indian dishes, they're better.

Pros: decent variety, good flavor on Indian dishes, very eco minded

Cons: fusion dishes don't work, small servings

Return to Artesia Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Chennai Tiffin closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.