Chengdu House

( 1 review )
818-623-4988

4805 Whitsett Ave (at Riverside Dr), Valley Village, California, USA, 91607

Serves meat, vegan options available. Has a vegetable section of the menu. Has vegan soy meats available including soy fish. Vegan choices are not clearly labeled, so please inquire. Open Mon 11:00am-9:30pm, Wed-Thu 11:00am-9:30pm, Fri 11:00am-10:30pm, Sat 12:00pm-10:30pm, Sun 12:00pm-9:30pm. Closed Tue.

Categories: Ovo, Chinese, Take-out, Non-veg

1 Review

First Review by vs12823

Not my cup of tea - Edit

Found this restaurant via the app and was really looking forward to having Chinese food with soy meat options.

I called the restaurant and confirmed that they do offer vegan/soy meat options. Upon arrival I was informed by the waitress that they no longer offer this option due to lack of interest. When I inquired about the info given on the phone the two staff people got into a discussion and yelled out to the chef and it turns out that they do not offer them anymore.

The service was slow and unattentive. I really liked my crispy fried tofu with the kung pao sauce, but the vegetable dumplings where cold and dried up.

We also ordered something called " Potato Coleslaw Salad" which we never received. When asked to have it removed from the bill there was no apology or concern of any kind.

Will not go back again.

Updated from previous review on 2017-12-23

Pros: Close by, Reasonably priced, Numerous menu options

Cons: Clueless staff, Unattentive, Charged for item not received.

Return to Valley Village Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Chengdu House closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.