First Review by vegetariandood

Good Indian restaurant with vegan options - Edit

"Chenab" is clearly a very good Indian restaurants in Berlin. I have eaten there very often (more than 30 times) and I was always at least satisfied, but also overwhelmed several times. Chenab offers an extensive selection of delicious vegetarian dishes and there is a list of dishes that can be prepared vegan online (or you can just ask the waiter). Carnivore friends told me the meat there was not the absolute top quality, but as a vegan I cannot judge and I do not want to ;).

The vegan Chapati bread, Alu Chole and Tofu Tikka are awesome!

Caution: About a year ago, the owner of this restaurant has changed. Before that, the restaurant was called "Chennai". I have never been to "Chennai", but from different sides, I've heard that there were major problems with the old owner and that the restaurant had a bad name.

Pros: Excellent food, Lots of vegetarian dishes, Nice staff

Your typical Berlin Indian, nothing special - Edit

Less than 15% of options are vegetarian and fewer vegan. Why is Chenab in Happy Cow? This is your typical Berlin-West Indian place, serving cocktails and somewhat Germanized North Indian dishes dashed with cream. A (likely non-Berliner) reviewer said it is "inexpensive". Well, for Berlin standards this is not inexpensive but mid-range at 7,50-10,00 EU per dish. Not worth a trip.

Pros: More than 10 vegetarian dishes

Cons: Average food, More expensive than average

Return to Berlin Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has REMOVED: Chenab closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 237 times since Mar 2012.