Chef's Choice Noodle Bar

661-325-1234

1534 19th St, Bakersfield, California, USA, 93301

Serves meat, vegan options available. Asian restaurant, modern ambiance. Specify if you are vegetarian/vegan.

Category: Japanese, Thai, Delivery, Take-out, Asian, Fusion, Non-veg

First Review by barbaralong

Trust Bond Broken - Edit

This was my favorite restaurant in town and quite honestly the only restaurant I ate at in town. Bakersfield doesn't have much of a Vegan scene and to find a Vegan friendly chow spot in this town was amazing. I could finally go out to eat with the family or friends, or so I thought. I have been here 5 times and my 5th visit is now my final. Every visit I ordered the delicious and filling veggie ramen with the spinach noodle, Vegan, low salt, no oil and after the 2nd visit the fresh tofu roll, vegan of course. Upon my 5th visit today I was told by my server Jeffrey that the spinach noodles undoubtably contains egg. Ouch. Not only did I learn it wasn't Vegan, but that it also is just a packaged noodle. Well there goes that trust bond with one of few Vegan friendly chow spots. Don't get me wrong, the food/atmosphere/service is amazing, I did say this was my favorite, but to be lied to and have my trust broken was enough for me not to return. Specify Vegan, ask a manager if doubts arise. Best of luck.

Great v-friendly option - Edit

This was a tasty, hearty, healthy (for a restaurant) vegan-friendly option for us. One of my favorite meals from our nearly 2 weeks in California.

I got the Veggie Ramen Noodle Soup (with the medium-sized rice noodles instead of the ramen, since the ramen reportedly had egg). The broth was delightful. Not too salty and full of flavor. The shitakes were a highlight (and I don't even normally love shitake, but they paired really well with the broth) as well as the tofu (it's listed at inari on the menu, but it reminded me more of normal fried tofu--tasty, but normal--, not inari). And the soup bowl is HUGE. Lots of delicious soup.

My partner got the Mixed Vegetables with Tofu and white rice. It was tasty, but the portion was much smaller than my soup! Not enough food for him, but he helped finish my soup, so he was okay.

For appetizers, we got the fried tofu and the vegetable gyoza. The fried tofu was pretty standard. But the gyoza were incredible--definitely recommend them.

Would definitely come back if we're ever in or near Bakersfield again.

Pros: hearty, healthy, tasty

Chef's Choice Noodle Bar - Edit

Great food and very friendly to vegans. Love the fresh tofu rolls, veggie ramen soup with spinach noodles, curries and stir fry. They have options of adding tofu, additional vegetables or meat substitutes that can be added. I always specify vegan.

Pros: Excellent food, Helpful staff, Hard to find parking

Return to Bakersfield Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Chef's Choice Noodle Bar closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.