First Review by Julia*

THE best sweet treats EVER - Edit

Check Out My Buns (COMB) is an independent bakery selling goodies from a stall in St George's Market each weekend and also through various small boutique cafes around Belfast e.g. Black Bear Cafe.

COMB make the best sweet treats I have ever tasted. I love their chocolate courgette cake, coconut raspberry slices, chocolate walnut slices, salted caramel brownies, peanut butter balls and Anzac biscuits. In fact I love every single COMB item I've tried.

This bakery produce items to such a high standard that I personally think no other bakery compares. What I find really mind blowing is that COMB treats are both Vegan and coeliac friendly and yet they are unbelievably luscious.

Delicious, decadent, indulgent, satisfying and fantastically feel-good baked treats. I simply cannot describe how great COMB cakes are, instead I strongly recommend you try them out for yourself and the taste will say it all.

Deliciousness - Edit

PEANUT BUTTER BALL. Try it, you won't regret it. Love, love, love their sweets! While I first purchased one at the Market, you can also find some of their stuff at The Nutmeg (health food shop in the city centre) - which is awesome if you have a craving for it during the week! Got my work colleagues addicted too..

vegan gluten free cake! - Edit

Great stall in the market on the weekends, when I was working in Belfast for 3 months went every weekend! Market it also lovely, with lots of crafts and food stall, a few doing vegan food too!
I got the lovely ladies at Check out my buns to bake 20 cupcakes for my work colleagues as some have allergies and to show the others gluten free vegan cakes can be delicious, they were so helpful and really reasonably priced!

Pros: great gluten free vegan cakes , lots of choice

Cons: on there on weekends

Wow - Edit

First off, the lady running the store is a total babe and was very helpful and devious in convincing me to get all of the tasty vegan things...if it's got peanut butter as a main ingredient there's a fair chance it'll be a winner.

The PB slice was buttery, crumbly and just so non-vegany, it felt like a real treat to demolish it. There's also a zucchini slice which looks like ganache, which I cannot WAIT to try next time:)

Pros: Friendly server:), Tasty as!, Convincingly non-vegan for the omni friends.

Cons: If everything was vegan I could eat all of the thi

I go there every Friday :) - Edit

I love this little stall in St. George's Market and get my breakfast there every Friday (and sometimes I go on Saturdays and Sundays as well)! Most things are vegan and/or gluten-free and they are all labelled so it is really easy to find out quickly which things don't contain dairy or eggs.

My absolute favourite is the chocolate donut with salted peanuts but I have tried almost all their donuts and tray bakes and like them all.

I usually buy some for my boyfriend or my meat-eating colleagues as well and they all like them too so this is not only for vegans/ vegetarians.

Most things are £1.50 each or £5 for a box of 4.

Pros: delicious, good range, friendly staff

Return to Belfast Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Check Out My Buns closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2026 times.