Charlie's Vegan Food & Coffee

Contact 03068812953

Oranienstraße 187, Kreuzberg, Berlin, Germany, 10999

Offers an international menu from breakfast and Vietnamese coffee with condensed plant milk to curry and salads, raw cakes and chia pudding. Uses coconut sugar as sweetener. Space is decorated with furniture from the 1920s and Japanese porcelain. Est. 2014 and under current ownership since 2016. Open Mon-Wed 11:00am-10:00pm, Thu-Sat 11:00am-11:00pm, Sun 11:00am-10:00pm.

Category: Vegan, International, Western, Take-out, Asian, Bakery

First Review by MOCHE

Just had a slice of cake - Edit

I happened to pass this place at night and since it was still open I had a slice of cake. good, not special. its a small place, not a world of options

Pros: vegan, open late

Cons: small

Cozy and friendly - Edit

A relaxing place to eat, and is suited to those wanting lunch or just a coffee and cake. Interesting choice of food, including bao bun, bánh mì and bolognese. Particularly enjoyed the experience of Vietnamese coffee with a couple of desserts. I think all the staff members spoke to us at some time during our visit. Most friendly and welcoming.

Peaceful place in the middle of Kreuzberg - Edit

Sandwiches, cake, chai, warm food (sadly, all of the warm food contains garlic), fruit salad. Nice atmosphere, very friendly staff. Centrally located in Kreuzberg, a super relaxed part of town. Lots of public transport connections. Many different food options. Quite huge space, around 20 seats outside and 4-6 seats inside. Many cool shops around (comic store, bicycle store, book store, pubs...)

Wonderful place, I will come back! - Edit

Charlie's is a wonderful place and I think it will become one of my new favorite cafés! The atmosphere is friendly, relaxed and the interiour design is truly beautiful. There is a piano standing there, stylish furniture, art on the walls, flowers. You can see that this place was designed with a love for details. I discovered this cozy place on the culinary "Vegan Tour Berlin" and I was such a lucky guy that I could try a bit of every single cake that they offer. Every single one was really delicious, hard to choose which one was the best, I think my favorite was the "raw snickers bar" - sooo good. We all also shared some other food and I could try some home made ice teas (with no refined white sugar), I tried Matcha tea for the first time in my life, and I ordered my first vietnamese coffee, that was a special experience. I am in love with that place and I will come back, for sure!

Pros: friendly atmosphere, big choice of healthy food with good ingeridients, pretty place, very cozy

Cons: bit expensive, but good quality has its price

Ein schönes Café - Edit

Wir waren heute Nachmittag bei Charlie's und waren sehr begeistert. Schöne Räume, angenehme Atmosphäre und sehr nettes Team. Sehr guter Matcha Latte und guter Café. Die Karte klingt vielversprechend. Wir kommen wieder

meh - Edit

I have to say I didn't really like this place. Not that many food options and the salads are all pre made and very small. The staff while nice messed up our order twice and it took forever to come. When it did the food just wasn't that good. The atmosphere could be nice but something was lacking. Can't say what. Wasn't awful but the vegan selection is so good in Berlin that this place jug didn't stand up to the competition in my opinion

Pros: good location, nice decor, friendly staff

Cons: food a bit tasteless, pricey for the portion size, slow service

Süßes Kaffee am Kottbusser Tor - Edit

Große Auswahl an Getränken und ausgefallenen Kuchen. Komplett vegan. Sehr nettes Ambiente und einige vietnamesische Snacks (z.B. Bánh Bao). Super Zufluchtsort in der lauten Oranienstraße

Chia pudding - Edit

Nice cafe with lovely decor and a quaint atmosphere. Chia Breakfast (chia pudding with mango puree, fresh fruit, flaked almonds and mint) was to die for. Savoury goods and cakes available.

great! - Edit

really nice vegan japanese bakery! the australian girl that works there is very very friendly with best service! they are 100 percent vegetarian and mostly vegan. Really nice place to relax in the midst of 'hipster' hell kreuzberg.

Pros: vegan options, delicious, matcha cake!

Such a lovely café with delicious cakes - Edit

As soon as I entered this place, I like it immediately. The interior design is really cozy and stylish. I love the fusion of asian and european influences.
I discovered this special place, when I joined the "vegan tour Berlin", that combines a city exploration tour and a culinary tour. We ended up eating dessert at this place.
I had an amazing asian inspired Cake with Mango and Ricefillig. Sooo good! And I has a delicious Matcha-Ginger-Cookie. I also tried some cake with pomgranate on it (heaven) and a praliné (a chocolate bomb) and some cake with pink cream and Lychee. (We shared, otherwise I could eat or try that much). They have many glutenfree options
They offer many good asian Teas. and I had a Matcha Latte. They even serve almond milk instead of soy milk!
They also have free wi fi.
I love it and I will come here again!

Pros: extraordinary cakes, many glutenfree options, almond milk

Cons: sugar

Return to Berlin Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Charlie's Vegan Food & Coffee closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 3076 times since Sep 2014.