First Review by almondeyes

Yummy - Edit

Charles Plaza is a good place to take people who are wary of vegetarian restaurants. There is a "meat" menu and a "vegan" menu. The owner is very friendly. Try the cellophane bean curd soup and ham fried rice.

Pros: Nice owner, Good for non-vegans

Wonderful - Edit

I get the garlic ham every time I go. I love fake ham, and the version served here is especially good. It's true that the food is not as healthful as the management might claim, but if you let go of that expectation, the food here is as good as, and sometimes better than, the other restaurants in Chinatown.

Pros: taste, fake ham, not too sweet

Cons: serves meat

nothin' but a bowl of grease - Edit

This place is touted for its healthy vegetarian food. Really??? Because even though we placed our order with the owner and requested steamed and special dishes everything came out greasy and crispy; furthermore, everything kind of looked the same with similiar ingredients. Huh... We were convinced to order what was suggested versus what we wanted and all we really ended up with with was indigestion.

Pros: attentive service

Cons: greasy, not healthy, FRIED FOOD is BAD!!

Excellent! - Edit

I went here for a buffet style chinese new year dinner with 16 people. 6 of us ate the vegan buffet and one of us is a meat eater who definitely did NOT leave hungry and didn't feel left out for not eating meat. Charles served both the meat and the vegan table himself. I cannot even remember all the food he brought out to the vegan table, but it was all very yummy. Sweet and Sour Walnuts, Veggie Rolls, 2 types of soup, General Tsao's chicken, Sizzling Beef, Wheat Balls..... and more for $25 per person plus there was food left to take home. I ate here a few days before and had the 'Chicken' with Cashews.

Pros: Average prices, Friendly Service, Both meat and vegan food

Cons: Parking hard to find, Metered parking

Return to Philadelphia Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: Charles Plaza closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.