Chew Xin Jai

222 Moo 4 Wiang Tai, Pai, Thailand,

Point and choose from the food spread in front of you. A menu is also available. Grab a free map at the bus station, the restaurant is labeled as pure vegetarian food. Previously operated as J-In Pai Restaurant on Th Raddamrang. Open Mon-Sun 8:00am-5:00pm. Buffet ends when the food runs out.

Category: Vegan, Thai, Buffet

First Review by kool_kitchen

Very good. Two great places in the same street. - Edit

I came here because Duang's amazing 'Pai Vegetarian' over the road is closed on Sundays. While the owners here aren't Thai, they make very good Asian vegan food. I had the glass noodle salad and pumpkin curry, and big were delicious. Anyway you've got two great choices on the same street. Duang's is the best of the two. Try both!

Pros: Vegan, Tasty , Not expensive

Cons: Service was slow despite my being there early and

like vegan fast food ;) - Edit

So much good food, and all vegan! I had the Khao Soi, which was so good! The fake meat was very real, but made out of mushrooms or something like that... They also have a buffet with lots of vegan fast food stuff...

Pros: cheap

BEST food I've had in Thailand! Eat here! - Edit

Honestly the tastiest food I've had in Thailand. The pumpkin curry was amazing. Two of us ordered four dishes and rice each for just under 300THB. Every dish was absolutely delicious and we had an absolute feast. I would 100% recommend this place!

Pros: Lots of delicious vegan options, Large portions, Very well priced

Cons: Nothing bad to say! Absolute 10/10

Best in Pai - Edit

After visiting most of the Vegan restaurants in Pai, this is definitely the best and cheapest. Don't expect a detailed description of what each dish is, but be safe in the knowledge that they are all good!
Lots of fake meats on offer if that your dig. Eggplant curry is my fav.

really yummy place!!! - Edit

Things must've changed since those other reviews said it was largely mock meat - there is some, but there are plenty of other choices too. I definitely don't like oily food but didn't find it too greasy at all here. Delicious pumpkin curry and very nice rice. A great find and very good value. Would definitely recommend.

Pros: yummy food, quiet , great value

Cheap but standard veg chinese food. - Edit

Pretty standard Chinese Veg sorta place ive encountered else where in SE Asia. So much mock meat stuff. but the price is amazing if your looking at saving some money compared to other veg food in the area.

Pros: all vegan, cheap

Cons: average tasting

Cheap, oily and over cooked. - Edit

The place has a nice set up, but I'm not a fan of the food. Very oily, too many mock meats, stingy brown to white rice portions (1:5 I'm guessing). I've eaten here more than enough times to give it another chance, but won't go back again, my partner and I, as well as other people we've spoken with don't feel of after eating here. Bloated, reflux and generally uncomfortable. Maybe there's a lot of MSG, not sure. Regardless, wouldn't recommend. Owner isn't entirely friendly.

Updated from previous review on 2016-07-31

Pros: Nice set up , Peaceful

Cons: Oily, Sick feeling post eating , Too many mock meats

Tasty food, can't beat the price! - Edit

We got the buffet (3 items per plate and rice). The food was flavorful, but all of it (except for the rice) was cold. I think that they do not have burners of a method of keeping the food warm after making it. Nonetheless, I enjoyed eating it. We didn't order from the menu, which includes food freshly cooked and likely served hot.

I ordered a carrot juice (asked for no sugar, as carrot juice is naturally sweet) and they brought out what tasted exactly like carrot pulp and water. It had no taste of carrot and my husband and I took one sip of it and could not finish the rest. We are NOT picky eaters, so that is saying a lot.

In any case, I would still recommend this place- good food, amazing prices! I might return to try out items from the menu!

Pros: great price for buffet, flavorful food, menu items and buffet items

Cons: buffet was cold

Cheap, awesome tasty food - Edit

We went there twice: one time for the buffet and one time ala carte. Both times the food was really great. Big portions for a extremely cheap price. We all loved especially the pumpkin curry. Everything seems pretty high carb and low fat. Really stylish place too for being so cheap, not a usual cheap thai eatery. Only downside is the staff, pretty unfriendly and not helpful at all.

Pros: unfriendly staff

Cons: cheap, all vegan, yummy

great buffet - Edit

Great place with cheap buffet and additional menu with a lot of options. Different kind of fake meats that you can order are also available. I personally prefer the noodle soup and eat it every time. If you want to eat from the buffet better go at lunch time, usually in the afternoon there are not to many options available.

Pros: great delicious food, cheap prices

Cons: closing at 5pm

Cheap and Delicious - Edit

Unfortunately due to allergies I couldn't order from the super cheap buffet (around 70p for a plate of food) but there were plenty of things on the menu I could eat. I highly recommend the Rad Pork and the Pad See Ew but I'd skip the Vegan Chicken with Rice as it was a little dry. This place is actually open until 7pm but the buffet stops at 5.

Pros: Mock Meats, Deep Fry, Cheap

Cons: Drinks aren't served cold

good cheap vegan food... - Edit

The soup for 30 baht is really delicious and quite big. The soup is really tasty and made with a lot of spices, noodles and mock meat.
Also other dishes are really tasty.

Pros: cheap, vegan , tasty

Cheap, vegan and delicious - Edit

I like this place very much! I've been there 3 times with a group of friends and everything we tried was pretty good and not too spicy (quite rare in Thailand :p).
Staff was friendly and most of them don't speak english. But in a vegan place, all you need is a smile in your face and everything is easy to get :)

Photos and more about it: http://walkingvegan.com/chew-xin-jai-vegan-restaurant-pai-th/

Pros: Cheap, Vegan, Clean

Cons: closes 7pm

Unfortunately you may have to eat here - Edit

The only vegan/vegetarian restaurant in Pai
Truly bad food
Overcooked veggies mixed with meat imitations.
White rice with tiny bit of brown added for color.
Unhelpful staff. Would not give me hot water for tea. I had to use warm water.
Would not make brown rice.

you are better off buying your own veggies and fruits in the market.

On the positive side, the place is clean and beautiful, and you can meet nice people there.

Pros: Clean, Vegan, The only vegan/vegetarian in Pai

Cons: Overcooked bad food, Artificial meat mixed with vegies, Unhelpful staff

Chew Xin Jai - Edit

great food , buffet style , inexpensive , easy to find ,its in the road that runs between the post office and 7/11 street and the large Pai Police station building, you cant miss its' Chinese temple styled facade.

Pros: delicious, clean, inexpensive

Return to Pai Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Chew Xin Jai closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.