Chapter One

+44-161-2780405

Lever St, Manchester, England, M1 1BY

Serves meat, vegan options available. A book shop and café currently serving drinks and some vegan and gluten free cakes made by vegan baker Offbeat Cakes. August 2017 reported no longer selling pancakes; under new management who will be increasing the menu.

Categories: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, British, Non-veg

First Review by Veganolive1

Gorgeous Vegan & Gluten Free Cakes - Edit

I have walked past Chapter One numerous times but knew that Offbeat Cakes had started suppling their vegan and gluten free cakes.

Chapter One is an oasis of calm, I was kicking myself I had not visited before, it was so relaxing and chilled and I found a great table with large comfy armchairs in the window.   There are books for purchase, an area to the rear to recharge your mobile or computer, with people working away, what a great find.

I ordered a camomile tea, which came in a cute glass teapot, made with camomile flowers, not just a teabag and an Easter egg cupcake.

It was the best pot of camomile tea, due to it being freshly brewed with flowers and the cupcake was lush chocolatey and with a little marzipan egg on top, absolutely spot on.   There were other vegan cakes available which I think change daily.

Pros: Vegan cakes, Glutenfree vegan cakes

Return to Manchester Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Chapter One closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.