Chao Ping Ji at San Want Hotel

27722687-9

172, Sec. 4, ZhongXiao East Rd, Taipei, Taiwan

Serves meat, vegan options available. This Cantonese restaurant on the second and third floors of the San Want Hotel offers a separate vegetarian menu, and the staff understand when you say no egg, no dairy. Specialty is dim sum with vegetarian choices like veggie dumplings and radish cake.

Category: Chinese, Taiwanese, Non-veg

First Review by nausicaa

Disappointed - Edit

I went here because my boyfriend is not a vegetarian but I am, so I thought this would be a good mix. Unfortunately they didn't have that much choice if you are the only vegetarian. I had only one kind of veg dumplings and a fruit salad. The other dishes were for 3-4 people, according to the waitress. Ask for the vegetarian menu as this is not written on the main menu. Quite expensive. I was disappointed.

Great for a mixed group of vegetarians and non - Edit

We went to Chao Ping Ji since it is one of a few places that would please the confirmed meat eaters in my family and the confirmed veg*ns. They provide great service, such as providing us their separate vegetarian menu as soon as they realized we were vegetarians, and putting a sleeve over my seat back and jacket for security. Mom is vegan, and we were able to get veggie dumplings, stir-fried noodles, and some light veggie dishes which were perfectly sauteed, not over-cooked. You don't feel like you are getting a meal of sides. I can't confirm absolutely, but there was not much reliance on fake meats if at all; most dishes looked like combinations of vegetables. The dessert was also vegan - a tapioca pudding.

Pros: separate vegetarian menu, fresh and tasty, great for mixed group

Cons: expensive

Return to Taipei Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Chao Ping Ji at San Want Hotel closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.