Chalit's Thai Bistro

Contact 717-695-9889

5103 Carlise Pike, Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania, USA, 17050

Serves meat, vegan options available. Decor is a mixture of bistro and Thai elements. You can ask for dishes to be prepared veg by omitting meat and substitute with vegetable or tofu. BYOB. Open Mon-Sat, closed Sun.

Category: Thai, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by nicole.wead

Meh... - Edit

Chalits was just OK. I went once and never felt the need to return. We arrived without reservations which we wouldn't have expected to need in a place in a strip mall around 4 in the afternoon on a weekday. Despite the fact that the restaurant was empty (honestly there were only two tables occupied) we were asked if we had reservations. Uh...no??? Anyway, we were seated as long as we promised to be done in an hour. (Yes, I promise!!) Really bizarre. I ordered drunken noodles and the hubs ordered fried rice. Considering that it's a Thai restaurant I wouldn't have expected that we'd have any issues with either of those meals. Unfortunately, my noodles hadn't been cooked long enough and quite a few of them were hard. I guess they couldn't spare the time to cook them fully and still be sure we'd make it out within the hour deadline. My husband thought his meal was fair but nothing to write home about. As for my dish, the flavor was good and the fried tofu was nicely done although a bit heavy on the soy sauce or whatever they might have marinated in it before they fried it. That's the best I can say. Not impressed. Considering that Bangkok Wok is right across the street, I'll opt for it over Chalits.
Updated from previous review on Friday June 21, 2013

I wake up some days hoping it will be a Chalits day! - Edit

If Chalits closed we would consider moving. Always consistent, always fresh, always flavorful, never disappointed! The lemongrass soup makes my day brighter!

excellent food - Edit

The options were vast. The service was very good. The food was amazing; made my friends experience with Thai and vegan amazing.

Pros: many vegetarian options, excellent food

Cons: not all options vegan

Return to Mechanicsburg Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Chalit's Thai Bistro closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 912 times since Jan 2011.