Chalco's Mexican Grill

112 Lisburn Rd, Belfast, Northern Ireland, BT96AH

Serves meat, vegan options available. Mexican food veg choices in burrito, enchilada, salad bowl. Uses fresh produce. Family owned. Offers lunch and dinner specials. Open Mon-Sat 11:30am-9:00pm.

Categories: Lacto, Fast food, Take-out, Mexican, Non-veg

First Review by DebbieCampbell

Best Burrito in Belfast (veg one, anyway) - Edit

Yes the burrito has been somewhat overdone. The thrill of the assembly line meal is gone for me, but at least its generally quick.

Not amazing, burritos seldom are but this is filling and when I have run out of ideas you'll see me here.

Tacos, burritos, bowls and nachos with beans, onions, peppers, sauce, sweetcorn and extra for jalepeno peppers.
Cheese and sour cream optional, vegans give these a pass and should be OK.
Comes in around the 6 pound mark, better than boojum.
Not much else to say!

Pros: Quick service , Reasonable price

Chalco's! - Edit

One of NI's first burrito places.
Food is very, very standard / down the line. You order as you always do in a burrito place, and watch your dish being assembled.
Veggie option is just "rice, beans and peppers". However!! More than once I've bitten into my burrito and realised there's CHICKEN in my wrap! The young lady at the counter used to accidentally swap up my order with someone else's. Not good and pretty foul, especially to a long time veggie like myself.
It's more flavourful and spicy than mega-popular Boojum in my opinion, but still very much like school dinners.
It can be hard to get a table at busy times, as it's right near the Methodist college and students pile in.
I imagine that without them, this rather unremarkable place would have closed down a long time ago.
The price is good however and it's fine for a to go lunch.

Pros: Cheap, OK for lunch Mexican

Cons: Can be packed out, Has made errors in past (none recently) for me

Great portions, good value & tasty food... - Edit

Ringing in at £6 for a HUGE veggie salad bowl and bottle of mineral water, Chalcos was good value for money when I visited for lunch on Monday 1 August 2016.

I like the fact that when sitting-in you get a proper plate and knife/ fork which is much more sustainable than other fast food restaurants which use plastic cutlery/ food containers.

My bowl included rice, beans, peppers, onions, cheese, lettuce, sweetcorn, sour cream, medium tomato salsa and guacamole. Spice levels were high, so I would probably opt for the milder sweet mango salsa on my return. Additionally there are a couple of hotter salsas, so fans of very spicy food will love Chalcos.

Service was quick, as per usual with burrito-bar-style eateries/ takeaways. Would be nice to see another one or two vegetarian fillings offered (eg halloumi, veggie chilli or roast butternut squash etc) but overall a really good fast-food spot and I will return.

Hmm - Edit

My favorite place to get a burrito. You have try the Mango Salsa its the best (with actual chunks of mango.
Veggie Option; Mexican Style Rice, beans, onions & peppers, your choice to add lettuce, sour cream, cheese, sweetcorn, and a choice of salsa (the hot salsa is really really hot) all for the same price. 5 pounds. It will keep you hungry for a long long time, big portion.

Pros: Addictive, Nice Atmostphere, Great food, big portions

Yummy food & great service! - Edit

Chalco's sells AMAZING mexican food and is vegetarian friendly, well worth a try!

Pros: Friendly Staff, Good sized portions, good value

Return to Belfast Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Chalco's Mexican Grill closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2008 times.