Indian
Fast food
Take-out

Serves fresh Indian street food including samosas, onion bhaji wraps, falafel wraps, dahl, rice, chai and more. A small storefront next to Sainsburys with no seating inside, but seating is available in the square opposite. Reported fully vegan February 2022. Open Mon-Thu 11:30-20:00, Fri-Sat 11:30-21:00, Sun 11:30-20:00.

Venue map for Chai Walla
© OpenStreetMap contributors

First Review by tumbleweedy

i_need_b12

Points +254

28 Oct 2023

Delicious samosa!

I only had the samosas here but they were the best I’ve ever had (and I’ve had a lot of samosas). Definitely want to go back and try more now that it’s fully vegan!

Vegan_Rhys

Points +197

19 Sep 2023

Great tasting street food - delicious tea!

Amazing tasting fresh indian wraps and tiffin boxes - freshly made bhaji's, somosas etc. Because of this expect a short wait whilst your food is freshly prepared. Worth the wait though!!

Updated from previous review on 2023-09-19

Pros: Wide selection, Freshly prepared, Authentic taste

Cons: Long wait time (but this is due to the freshness)

luciatazp

Points +1188

18 Aug 2023

Super flavourful curry

We had the Full Chickpea Curry Box, and it was delicious! Amazingly flavourful, and plenty of toppings too! Probably one of the best vegan Indian curries I’ve had in a while. Totally recommend!

Pros: Great value, Big portions, Lots of options

Cherrystone

Points +20

13 Jul 2023

Delicious wraps

Fresh and delicious wraps and samosas.

Ri&Ro

Points +673

28 Jun 2023

Great samosas and falafel wrap

I've been for a 2nd time to Chai Walla, just after a cycle ride to Bristol along the beautiful disused railway, John made me a lovely falafel wrap and the samosa was exceptionally great. Lovely reward after a lovely ride 🙂

Amy_H

Points +73

26 Jun 2023

Favourite lunch spot

We live locally and this is a regular treat lunch for us. Absolutely delicious wraps (ask for the mixed wrap) with loads of flavour and condiments and their samosas are an obsession starter. Highly recommend. It is takeaway only but you can take your lunch to a local park and eat there after a short walk.

Pros: Vegan menu, Delicious

Cons: No seating

Johanna_Wagner

Points +44

30 May 2023

Tasty indian street food

I ordered the bahji wrap and a samosa together with a chai tea.The wrap and samosa was tasty, especially the sauce that came with it. The chai was less sweet than the ones I’ve tried but I kind of liked that, however wished it would have had a tangier spice. The price was reasonable. The only con for me was that the menu was difficult to read as it was on a board below the counter and not visible from the outside and too many people were standing inside in a small space so it was not possible to see the menu . So when it was my turn I had to quickly decide what to have (I’m one of those ppl that take ages to make up their mind!) so felt a bit rushed as I didn’t want to hold up the queue. If the menu would be either above the counter or even on the window so one could see it from the outside I think it would help also passers by that spontaneously want to try the place out.

Updated from previous review on 2023-05-30

Pros: Cheap, Tasty

Cons: Difficult to read menu

alicetulissio

Points +60

Yum!

Was just stopping through Bath and found this cute little place. Really delicious and quick food. I got the onion bhaji wrap and samosa. Definitely recommend if you want some yummy healthy food whilst sitting outside in the sun:)

plantsista

Points +106

Watery chickpea curry

Pricing is excellent and helpful efficient staff. I had the chickpea curry and rice Box. The curry was just to watery and soaked up all the rice and not in a good way. just felt like it was lacking in flavour.

Pros: Good Pricing, Friendly staff

Cons: Not flavourful enough , Watery curry, Could be a lil more cleaner

JRoss

Points +615

Tasty street food

Great value for money, tasty fully vegan food. Well worth a visit if you’re in Bath.

FrankieW

Points +2514

19 May 2023

Simple and delicious

Cheap and cheery.

The crust of the samosa is perfectly crispy.

The "everything in it" wrap is a winner.

Pros: Fully vegan

Cons: Weather dependent as far a seating is concerned

Huraiquire

20 May 2023

Omg we are both having samosas today haha synchronicities 🥰

chknarcane

Points +260

18 Apr 2023

Delicious wraps

I had the onion bhaji wrap, which had generous tamarind sauce, tasty mango chutney, delicious bhaji, etc. Really filling and hit the spot for dinner. It came with a samosa, which is good, but I recommend asking for a container of tamarind sauce or chutney for dipping.

Pros: All vegan, Fast service , Inexpensive

Cons: No seating - takeaway only

Mumf

Points +63

11 Mar 2023

Brilliant!

Superb quality food, great mix of items and options. Really tasty and fantastic value given the surrounding options - these people deserve to do well and we need more like them! Wish I worked in Bath more often...

Pros: Delicious food, great portions and excellent value, Fast and friendly service, No plastic

Cons: Too far away from my home! 😀

BoatTime

Points +147

18 Dec 2022

One of the best in Bath

Super friendly street food place with very good prices given how central it is, and amazing food. A must visit. Went back a couple of times, and couldn’t get enough. Also the non spicy version is super mild which is great! Our favourite was the mixed wrap with samosa.

Pros: Amazing food, Very friendly , Amazing value for money

Cons: No seating/toilets, Sometimes a bit of a queue

zolete

Points +362

03 Dec 2022

Good choice

Good choice if your want something to takeaway for a good price! Quick service and nice staff. Many options offered!

sam.hardie98

Points +28

26 Oct 2022

Great food

Amazing lunch with my girlfriend, highlight was the onion Bhaji wrap!

Pros: All vegan food

tolmeia07

Points +476

21 Oct 2022

Yummy on-the-go snack

Really tasty and fresh! Nice to support local and not badly priced. I had the £3.50 2 x samosas with some mango chutney!

Pros: Affordable, Hot and fresh, Good choices

LucMcCann

Points +32

23 Sep 2022

You HAVE to go there if you like Indian food

Best indian food I've ever tasted. So much so my wife and I went there 2 days in a row. We took the "All in Box" both times, highly recommend. Staff is friendly as well. Only vegan food options, which is awesome. Great experience!

Oscarbonnar

Points +70

22 Sep 2022

Amazing and cleansing food

If you need something with depth and that wouldn’t be expensive, chai walla is the place!

Kittybiscuit

Points +7499

01 Sep 2022

Tasty vegan food

We walked straight past it and someone asked if we were lost, and told us where it was. We ordered chai, everything in a box and a bhaji wrap with a samosa. It is all take away but it was quite quickly prepared. I liked my bhaji wrap particularly. My partner enjoyed his everything in a box too. The chai was sweet and tasted nice.

Just look carefully at the numbers in the street!

olifelixpt

Points +25

Mostly Veg
06 Aug 2022

Amazing find

Whoever added this place to the website is a legend

Great food and small prices

KatieEA

Points +79

23 Apr 2022

Very tasty takeaway lunch

I had a very tasty salad with chickpea curry, falafel and onion bhaji all served in a takeaway box with wooden spoon. Combo looks a little strange in the box but very enjoyable. Partner had the 'all in' wrap (falafel, bhaji, mango chutney). It was delicious. Not sure why they don't accept card. There's a cash point next door though, so no big deal.

Pros: Very tasty, Decent portion sizes , Quick service (even at peak time)

Cons: Cash only

maggsd

Points +1964

08 Apr 2022

Great streetfood

Food was really tasty and filling.
The owner was also really nice and understanding.
Please be aware that they accept only cash, no cards payments!

Pros: Nice service, On the cheaper side, Tasty

Cons: Only cash!

badgerboy

Points +511

14 Feb 2022

Been a regular since it opened…

…and honestly I’ve never been disappointed. Quality place throughout. A must-visit for anyone in Bath ❤️

pavni

Points +15

Vegetarian
14 Jan 2022

Recommend!

Lovely little place with wonderfully kind staff!

Doughnut

Points +127

29 Oct 2021

Indian Street food

Roti wrap was delicious! Onion bhaji, crispy salad and mango chutney with just the right amount of spice.

Pros: Vegan, Tasty, Quick

Cons: No seating

dannuaski

Points +36

29 Sep 2021

Great independent Indian Street food

Great place for an affordable, filling and delicious lunch or dinner. Highly recommend the onion bhaji wrap and samosa with mango chutney. Friendly staff too.