Chai Pani

Contact 828-254-4003

22 Battery Park Ave, Asheville, North Carolina, USA, 28801

Serves meat, vegan options available. Casual, Indian street food. Menu offers many lacto-vegetarian items, with vegan and gluten-free options marked. Counter service, comfy booths. Food is served as small tapas-style dishes. Another outlet in Decatur. Open Mon-Sat 11:30am-3:30pm, Mon-Thu 5:00pm-9:00pm, Fri-Sat 5:30pm-10:30pm, Sun 12:30pm-3:30pm, Sun 5:00pm-9:30pm.

Category: Lacto, Indian, Delivery, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by cringer

Delicious! - Edit

The food here is amazing! The menu is clearly marked for vegan and vegetarian and they are willing to modify things that aren't regularly vegan so that they are. Atmosphere is nice and the staff are friendly. They are even environmentally friendly, charging a small fee for take away in order to be able to use environmentally friendly containers. My boyfriend said that this was the best Indian food that he has had in America. Would give it five stars if I could!

A delight for your taste buds! - Edit

Their food is so delicious. There was an explosion of flavor in my mouth. My mom and I ordered quite a bit so we could try an array of their vegan offerings. We enjoyed everything we got. In the future, I probably wouldn't order a samosa due to it being a bit spendy for only 1. However, the other vegan apps would make for a great meal due to their size. They also offer free refills for tea. Some places don't, so I was happy to see that they do here.

Pros: Plenty of vegan options, Organic black tea , Great service

Cons: Parking

Good Restaurant but Not Great for Vegans - Edit

This restaurant has good food and some yummy cocktails at a decent price for the most part. Options for vegans are very limited. Decent amount of options for vegetarians.

Pros: Location, Good Value

Cons: Parking Not Easy , Limited Vegan Options

I likey - Edit

I've been to Chai Pani a few times now. The food is usually pretty good. I bought the Veg Thali my first time there... tasty but I wouldn't call it cheap at $11. Last time I got the Dal and Rice and it was quite bland and unfilling. In India you would get a ton of food for $5 but here it's just a little scoop lol. The Bel Puri was really good. In all it's worth a stop and great vegan choices.

Pros: Vegan Friendly

Cons: Portions are small

good, cheap, tasty, different - Edit

Very inexpensive, tasty Southern Indian and various Indian snack foods. Contrary to what the reviewer below says, this place is actually owned by an Indian (and his non-Indian wife), but it's different from the other Indian restaurants in town, which serve exclusively Northern Indian cuisine. This food isn't the more familiar stews and curries, but there's a simple, nice thali plate (typical South Indian dish), which you can't find anywhere else in town and various other authentic Indian treats and some hybrids like the fries with Indian spices. What's great is that so much of the menu is vegetarian and a lot is vegan. Although it might be an unfamiliar style of Indian food, I find this fresher and tastier than the other options around here.

Pros: interesting veg options, cheap, tasty

Mediocre Indian Food - Edit

This place is VERY cute and the staff is friendly but the food was very bland. There are items marked vegan on the menu which is cool.

You can tell an Indian family does not own this restaurant because it does NOT taste authentic at all. They have these fries that were pretty good though. But, this place is very, very cheap. It is almost too good to be true! It's worth going to, but if you want kick *ss Indian food, go to India Garden or Mele. This is more of a place to go because you don't want to go to Taco Bell. Don't bring family or out-of-towners here.

Pros: CHEAP, cute atmosphere, friendly staff

Cons: bland food

Return to Asheville Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Chai Pani closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2255 times since Dec 2009.