Chaco Canyon Organic Cafe - West Seattle

• Friend
Contact 206-937-8732

3770 SW Alaska St, Seattle, Washington, USA, 98126

Its 2nd cafe location. Offers vegan sandwiches, rice and quinoa bowls, salads, soups, raw food cuisine, baked treats, organic coffee, juices, and smoothies. Has a kids menu as well. Sunday brunch is served 9am-3pm. Everything is vegan except for cow's milk. Mon-Fri 7:00am-9:00pm, Sat 9:00am-9:00pm, Sun 9:00am-3:00pm

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, American, International, Organic, Juice bar, Take-out

First Review by SynthVegan

Contributions +86

Healthy food - Edit

Whatever your extreme dietary needs may be, you are always welcome at Chaco Canyon. This location can be kinda crazy with screaming kids but they still deliver on the ultra healthy cuisine. Save money with the 'build your own bowl' option or hit it for happy hour.

Pros: healthy goodness, caters to diet restrictions, gluten free beer and wine options, discount on house juice at happy hour

Cons: parking requires cleverness or luck

Rare Veg Option for West Seattle - Edit

Had lunch there with a couple friends. The staff were friendly and the service was reasonable. Prices are normal for the city ($7-14). They have smaller portions of many dishes which cost less for those who prefer it. The atmosphere is pleasant, comfortable, and clean.

The food was ok. It's fairly healthy and not too heavy, tastes decent.

The main thing they have going for them is being a rare veg/vegan restaurant in West Seattle.

If you're already in West Seattle then it's a much appreciated veg/vegan option for eating out.

Pros: Friendly Service, A Veg/vegan place in West Seattle!

I Keep Trying To Like - Edit

I really want to like this place. This juices are usually pretty good. But the food has often left much to be desired, especially for the price. It just doesn't taste that good - don't know other ways to put it. Also, I detest the taste of vinegar, and have numerous times had to send food back with vinegar on salads or onions they include in some dishes - this isn't disclosed on the menu. I've received some rude treatment at the West Seattle location as well on occasion. The deserts are ok, if high priced. I keep trying to like it though...

Fresh and filling - Edit

Yowz! During a recent stay in West Seattle, I was thrilled to discover there was a veg resto nearby--and organic no less. Pleasant space, warm and friendly employees, delicious food. I had a "hippie bowl"--starring quinoa with wonderfully flavorful bites of tofu. In the mood for carrot-o.j., I was delighted to find that their house juice is that very thing, amped up with appled and ginger. It was quite energizing. To top it off, I had a bowl of chocolate tapioca pudding, which was very well done. Not over-sweet nor chalky, just creamy, cold, and lovely to roll around in the mouth. I look forward to coming back!

Pros: wholesome and delicious, friendly, wifi

Cons: Wish it stayed open later!

great food - Edit

I really liked this place. I've been here about three times. Once ordering a empanada and a glass of their fresh brewed kombucha. Both were great but what I really loved was the kombucha. They have it on tap and if I remember right the one I ordered was a peach flavor. It's a bit pricey, depending on what you order but I think it's worth it. The last time I was here I ordered a lentil soup that was so good. It was a cold day out and exactly what I needed to warm me up. :)

Pros: great good, good variety

Cons: moderately expensive

A taste treat! - Edit

Some of us were looking for Vegan food, and we found Chaco Canyon - West on Happy Cow, as we were in West Seattle. We were pleasantly surprised. The interior is tastefully decorated, with beautiful tables and chairs in a couple of rooms, and a play area for young children. You order your food, take a number and it is brought to your table.
There is a large selection of choices, main dishes, soups, salads, fresh juice drinks, teas, chi, kombucha and deserts. We were told everything on the menu is vegan.
The gentleman who took our order, gladly spent time answering our questions, explaining each item and its ingredient, and making individual adjustment for our needs. Many items are made in house, this included the kombucha, and seitan, which were fabulous. We ordered a variety of dishes and everyone in our group of four felt their food was excellent.
Some might consider the prices a bit high, but we felt that the quality of the ingredients, the food preparation and presentation, and the service was of a exceptional level to make the price very reasonable.

Pros: Variety of Veggy Proteins , Excellent Service, In-house Preparation

Chaco Canyon - Edit

I was not in a mood for seitan, tofu, or vegan cheeses, so I went with the hummus and cucumber sandwich and added avocado to it. The sandwich itself had hummus, avocado, sprouts, cucumber, and vegan mayo on it. It was really good and was exactly what I was looking for. The quinoa salad that accompanied my sandwich was very tasty too. Another thing to note is that CC is eco friendly to the extreme - they don't carry disposable silverware, instead the gave us a metal spoon and made us promise we'd return it, reuse it, or recycle it. +1 cow for that alone!

Return to Seattle Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Chaco Canyon Organic Cafe - West Seattle closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 5612 times since Jun 2011.