Chabaar

+1-801-566-5100

87 W 7200 S, Midvale, Utah, USA, 84047

Serves meat, vegan options available. Thai food and American burgers. Primarily meat but has brunch vegan crepes and waffles and a vegan thai iced tea made with coconut milk. Open Mon-Sat 7:00am-3:00pm, Mon-Thu 5:00pm-9:00pm, Fri-Sat 5:00pm-10:00pm, Sun 8:00am-3:00pm, 5:00pm-8:00pm.

Categories: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, American, Thai, Non-veg

First Review by genghisxshaun

megkamille

Points +150

16 Jul 2019

Great food - Edit

I was surprised by how good the food is! The mango curry is fantastic, always vegan lettuce wraps with tofu 😊

Schlockthropus

Points +11

Mostly Veg
16 Sep 2018

Vegan omelette - Edit

I can be a food fussy and sometimes am not very adventurous. I’m glad I went outside my comfort zone.

Pros: Had the vegan omelette. It was delicious. , Exceeded my expectations. , The servers were fantastic.

Heather801

Points +16

11 Sep 2016

Great vegan options but watch out for chai tea - Edit

I've had the vegan brunch here a few times and it is always good. However, beware of the chai tea. I asked if they could prepare the iced chai vegan which they said they could do but later when I asked the brand and they brought the container to me, the ingredients contained milk products even though they did mix it with almond milk. Otherwise, a great place to eat.

evergreens

Points +16

11 Apr 2016

delicious curry - Edit

I have lived right next to this restaurant for years and never gave it a visit until a month ago. our waiter was very polite and helpful, they care about their potentially vegan customers as I ordered first and my brother (who is not vegan... yet ^^) ordered their pad thai with tofu. she reminded him that the pad thai had egg in it as she thought he could be vegan. very satisfied with their delicious curry, clean restaurant and mellow atmosphere.

Pros: made to order, most items can be made vegan, vegan friendly staff, big menu

Peaceful3Parker

Points +32

28 Sep 2015

~Gratitude~ - Edit

Always treated well, wonderful service. Very knowledgable of the vegan diet, gluten free, sugar free, just mention any allergies/preferences. They do also make kombucha and vegan cookies. I'm a regular, usually get the yellow curry, sub vegetables for tofu, brown rice, spiciness level 02. They have an extensive spicy level but after 03 each level is another $1.00. Personally I rarely eat sugar and I think that helps me to handle more heat, that being said I've still never went past three and that is when I'm feeling up for a challenge! Ha, frequent breaks and alkaline water swishing in between. Choose 02 if you like a little burn, 01 if you like spicy food, and 0.5 increments may also be used. I highly recommend beginning modestly, (start at 01, then slowly work forward-1.5-02-2.5-03) if you do find it is too spicy for your liking, they can often dilute it with warm coconut milk, but it's preferred to get it right the first time! Overall awesome atmosphere, friendly and knowledgable staff, truly delicious food!

Pros: Delicious and accurate food,, Friendly and knowledgable staff,, Pleasant, peaceful, and cleanly environment.

Cons: I have seen Water Wellness Center water containers, Many menu items are or can be made vegan but there, It would be nice if the East windows were uncovere

saltcityvegan801

Points +70

01 Jan 2015

Best Thai in Salt Lake! - Edit

Lots of Vegan options. Delicious food and friendly staff.

Pros: Delicious food. , Friendly service. , Lots of Vegan options.

ohitsmari

Points +69

29 Sep 2014

love it! - Edit

Love the drunken noodle stir fry and massaman curry, you have to try their homemade coconut ice cream!

niktay

genghisxshaun

Points +48

10 Mar 2013

Tea Rose's Amazing Big Sister - Edit

Same amazing Thai food as tea rose, the best that I have ever had. Great service. Most everything can be made vegan. You need to try this place.
Updated from previous review on Sunday March 10, 2013

Pros: Spicy Options, Great Service, Best Ever

Return to Midvale Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Chabaar closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.