Chaang Thai

Contact 304.241.5374

361 High St, Morgantown, West Virginia, USA, 26505

Serves meat, vegan options available. thai food restaurant. Several appetizers are veg. Many of the main courses (rice, noodle or curry-based) are available with tofu or vegetables. Need to check the curry sauce ingredients. Open Tue-Fri 11:00am-3:00pm, Tue-Fri 4:30pm-9:30pm, Sat-Sun 11:30am-9:30pm.

Category: Ovo, Thai, Non-veg

First Review by jb012

More than a little disappointed - Edit

I love Thai food and, absent any veggie restaurants in a particular place, a Thai restaurant is one of the first I will seek out.

When I entered on a weekday night, I was not especially surprised to find it sparsely populated. I just assumed that it was typical American indifference to foreign food (i.e. non-Mexican!)

However, there may have been a better reason. I am cautious of promises to make red or green curry without fish sauce, so I tend to go for other options. I chose a "spicy" noodle dish and asked for it to be spicy. Other than the fact that the meal was barely lukewarm, it was positively bland. They offered to take it away and spice it up but, by then, I'd had enough.

It might have been that they are used to Americans seeming inability to eat anything mildly spicy (other than Mexican, again)but I left the place deeply disappointed.

If I'm in Morgantown again, I might try it again, emphasising "original Thai" spiciness but I'm not altogether sure I could cope with another lukewarm meal.

Pros: Decent veggie selection, Downtown location

Cons: Insipid meal, Lukewarm food

Return to Morgantown Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Chaang Thai closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.