First Review by Stevie

Ceylon City Cafe, Colombo - Edit

This is a very inexpensive eatery on Galle Road, although a good 20 min walk from the end where the Galle Hotel is. It sells South Indian and as such if you are a vegan veggie, you will need to try to ask the staff which dishes are non dairy. Looking around the place it doesn't appear to be the cleanest of places but I ate there simply because I stumbled on the place and I was famished. I didn't have any unpleasant after effects. I asked for a napkin and the waiter went into his pocket and gave me a couple of cut up pieces of newspaper.

You do not want to use the toilet under anything but the most desperate of circumstances. If you want to see what life is like in the 3rd world then take a look at the toilet. It seems unfair marking a place down when they probably don't have a massive amount of money to spend on refurb and the food I had was both tasty and inexpensive. Having said that though in absolute terms, there has to be questions about the hygiene of the place and I wouldn't recommend this place unless likeme you happened to be utterly famished and walked past the place feeling.

Pros: Vegan veggie friendly, Inexpensive, Fairly central

Cons: Toilets are something else

Return to Colombo Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Ceylon City Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1099 times since Jan 2010.