Centro Bharati

• Vegetarian
Contact 473-734-1672

Plaza del Baratillo 11, Col. Centro, Guanajuato, Mexico, /near Teatro Juarez

A colorful vegetarian restaurant offering 3 daily menus: light, especial, and completo. The completo includes organic salad, whole grain bread, soup, one main entree Indian dish with rice alongside a samosa, and finishes with a flavored water. Upstairs is a massage service and a boutique selling Indian clothing and accessories.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Indian, Mexican

First Review by Julievida

Great veggie spot - Edit

Excellent food with tons of different veggies in each dish for a decent price.

My wife and I split the Especial package and a veggie burger and were very full afterward. Everything was excellent. Someone said the burger wasn't that great, but I thought it was awesome, more for all the fixin's than for the burger itself. The Especial is the second smallest of four packages, but we thought it was pretty grande. The bigger packages have "elaborate" salads. That must mean they come with fireworks and dancing dwarves because the salad we got was pretty elaborate with shredded beets, cubed kohlrabi, etc. All this for less than ten bucks.

Many of the dishes are vegan and most have a vegan option.

We'll definitely be back while we're here.

Pros: Veggie variety (important pro in Mex), Pleasant sunny spot

Cons: Cold chai tea was pedestrian

good food and lovely place - Edit

I've been there twice since I arrived in GTO a few days ago. The atmosphere is calm and spacious and the food is good. I've had the Omelete (made with potatoes n cheese) and I like it that it came with a small side salad and salsa, the pineapple lassi which is not too sweet, the chilaquilla and the tuna (Aton the fruit) juice which is very good. I'd go again to try their plata which looked good.

A must go - Edit

The veggie burger was average or a bit better, but the daily menu was great on the two occasions we tried it. Gread bread too, and the salsas, mmm... Very special place, differs from the rest of the city.

Pros: Food, helpful staff

Cons: A bit chilly inside (in the beg of Nov), Price (still well worth it), "Atmosphere"

Good food, but limited choice for vegan - Edit

I was stuck in Guanajuato for 6 days, and this resto saved me almost every day. The food is very good and tasty, nice fruit smoothies/juices, even raw vegan snacks (more expensive). I was very satisfied. Stuff is very friendly and speak English. Although one time they made a mistake and sold me a vegatarian thing; apart from this, I recommend going there. Prices are good as well. The only one downside was that I had to eat almost same things every day since the vegan menu is very limited. I wish one day they will get acquanted with vegan cheese so that to make more vegan options.

Pros: price, tasty, stuff

Cons: limited vegan options

Refreshing change - Edit

After a diet reliant on cheese quesadillas and beans for protein, eating here was a nice change of pace. The food was delicious and healthy. Though I usually avoid raw vegetables when traveling in Mexico, the vegetables were fresh and I was fine. Funny how you can really appreciate a salad when you haven't had one in a while. Also the setting was nice and relaxing.

Pros: Tasty, Healthy, Nice atmosphere

Cons: none

Best vegetarian resteraunt in Guanajuato!!!! - Edit

We were DELIGHTED to find this resteraunt in Plaza Baritillo in Guanajuato as it is Indian and vegetarian and I believe organic too. The food is better then we would find in US even! Every day is a different menu. The completo starts you off with a delicious salad with incredibly tasty dressing, homemade whole grain bread (a rarity in Mexico), delicious soup, then an entree like a curry dish with rice and an absolutley delicious somosa with yummy sauce, and a healthy drink, like mint or hibuscus flavored water. Its about 89 pesos for all of this. Oh and their chai is BEST chai ever had, not too sweet and nice and spicey.. Going in the resteraunt is like an oasis with a beautiful fountain and incredibly nice people working there. They have massage upstairs too which we will try too.

Pros: Nice vibe, DELICIOUS vegan food, Very reasonable

Cons: Nothing

Return to Guanajuato Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Centro Bharati closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1257 times since Jan 2013.