First Review by thoor_ballylee

Central Market.... Whole Foods Light. - Edit

I drive almost 10 miles out of my way to go here, I like it a lot. Oh and don't use the Greenwood one, it is nothing like the Shoreline Central Market. I buy a lot of my asian foods here and most of my bulk items. I can make some pretty mean trail mix with all the options they have available and the prices are pretty good for Seattle if you're sellective in what you buy. The deli and the meat isles are horror shows of death and I say a little prayer and then head to the back where rows of grains, spices, beans and all sorts of dry goods await me. If there is a better, cheaper place to stock up on dry goods, someone please tell me and I'll stop going here but until then this place does fine by me. The last time I was here, for their special they had edimame in bags at the end of the asian isle, how often can you go to a grocery store and the special is something yummy and vegan? Central Market kicks some serious ass it's like a non pretentious poor man's whole foods and being a poor man serves me just fine especially for asian foods and dry goods (as long as I stay away from the walls of dead animals)

Pros: cheap asian foods, cheap dry goods in bulk

Cons: some things are pricey, veggies are expensive

Return to Seattle Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Central Market closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 539 times since Aug 2007.