First Review by Vegan Diner

good..but - Edit

I am not from the area either, as another reviewer said, but I was in my quest to find vegan restaurants. The food was good I had the special of the day, blackened tofu sandwich with avocado and a side of salad, it was rustic and good, could be a little better if they toasted the bread a bit more and the avocado was a little more fresh, had a little black, and the side salad had lettuce that was a tiny wilted but their smoothies were amazing!. I had a concern though, they also serve regular food and I was wondering if they keep the kitchen utensils separated, I did not want to be a pain and ask. The place looks really busy and the person who takes the orders was a little bit in the weeds. overall was good enough for a vegan that had not other option, it has a tremendous potential, but they need to get a bit informed, I asked if the chips in the chocolate chip cookies were vegan or carob chips and they look at me like they did not know what I was asking...overall was good.

Pros: smoothies, availabitly, Vegan options

Great find! - Edit

I'm not from the area, so I used this webpage to find a vegan restaurant nearby. My brother & I went...what a great find! The food was inexpensive and the portions were huge. I absolutely loved my hummus wrap...the hummus was delish! I also enjoyed the balsamic dressing that was made in-store. I can't wait to go back!

Pros: Large menu, Excellent food, Friendly staff

Wow - Edit

Wow, For less then $9 I got and amazing Roasted Veggie Wrap, it was half, and was plenty, a small salad with a delicious Mango Chardonnay dressing, a bowl of Sweet Potato/Tomato soup(they listed it as small, again it was plenty) and a wonderful oatmeal, coconut, chocolate cookie. I'm so full and so satisfied. I can't wait to go back.

Pros: great food, healthy, good price

Great Vegan Options - Edit

It is a bit pricey but the hummus wrap and sweet potato sticks were big enough to share. Everything I've eaten at Central Cafe has been delicious.

Pros: Delcious vegan options, Clean and cheerful, Great downtown location

Cons: Too small, Bathroom not conveniently located

Excellent - Edit

Great food and service. This is the best choice for vegan food in St. Pete that I have found. The prices seemed fair for an organic restaurant.

Return to St Petersburg Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: Central Cafe and Organics closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 426 times since Aug 2007.