Cena Vegan

• Catering Catering
  • Vegan
n/a

Highland Park & Greater LA, Los Angeles, California, USA, 90048

LA-based vegan Mexican street food catering and pop-up. Operates at different events - check its web for schedule. Makes a few kinds of flavored mock meats from wheat gluten and other plant-based ingredients and are for sale via its webpage.

First Review by AxlRosa

Worth the Wait - Edit

I had to wait in line forever at a vegan food event to get this but it was definitely worth it. Best vegan nachos and burritos I've ever had. My meat-eating friend thought they had accidentally given us meat until I told them they only serve vegan food. We got the nachos and whatever they said the two most popular burritos were. We ended up having a ton of leftover food. The nachos were the best so if you're only getting one thing get that, it's big enough for a meal.

The BEST! - Edit

I have tried many different Vegan Mexican food vendors and restaurants and by FAR, Cena Vegan has the best flavor and texture! Now, jackfruit tacos are amazing and I’ve also had carnitas flavored vegan meat made from yuba, but if you want authentic taste and texture of carne asada or pollo asado, Cena Vegan is it. I find them at Smorgasburg LA every Sunday from 11am-4pm. Their burritos are my favorite. My wife loves their nachos and for $15/lb you can take home some of their “meats” to make your own culinary creations at home!

Pros: GREAT Flavor, Fast service, You can buy in bulk to take home

Cons: You have to find them (no restaurant)

Vegan Nachos - Edit

I've seen Cena Vegan stalls at different veg-related events in the Southern California area. A few weeks ago I bought an order of their loaded vegan nachos. Comes with your choice of flavored faux meat on top and some kind of vegan cheese (appears to be their own made). Added 2 scoops guacamole on top. Tasted yummy. Cost 12 bucks.

Pros: tasty

Cons: not cheap

Legit Vegan Tacos - Edit

There aren't many places I feel are worth waiting in line for but this place is like an amusement ride for your tastebuds, so it's worth the wait. Plus the line moves fast so it's not like you'll wait until you're starving.

You can order from the menu plus you can buy the plant based meat substitute by the pound, if you want to add to your own recipes at home!

They make the taco tortillas fresh when you order and they're almost as good as the ones my abuelita makes! Almost. ;)

The employees are always pleasant and make great recommendations on what to try if you're not sure. It's a small but delicious menu and I'll go out of my way to get food from them.

I have to say, Cena Vegan is the most legit Mexican food I've had since going vegan in '99.

Pros: authentic flavor, super friendly employees, great value

Cons: lines, limited venues , crowded salsa bar & pick up

Return to Los Angeles Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Cena Vegan closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.